Construction on the new Wauwatosa Fire Station No. 1 has been delayed so utility lines can be relocated.
A groundbreaking ceremony likely will be held in mid-July, Fire Chief Dean Redman said. Previously, city officials had expected construction to get under way June 10.
The city is replacing the more than 80-year-old building on Underwood Avenue with a new facility on a neighboring property.
The new 29,500-square-foot, two-story station will offer more space for training and apparatus storage and maintenance. It will feature modern mechanical systems and sustainable design elements, Redman said.
- 360NOW: Wander Wawatosa's village
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes new female giraffe calf
- Video Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa seeks volunteers for focus groups on city communication
- Area businesses collaborate to create the 'Cranky Sammie' in East Tosa
- District leaders question use of Wauwatosa schools as voting locations (9)
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: May 2
- Moms get free admission to the zoo
- Pathways High alternative school pushes ahead despite adverse response from Wauwatosa schools
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 17-23