The new splash pad at Madison Park has not even been used yet and already vandals have damaged it.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
Contractors working on the project for the Milwaukee County Parks Department completed work May 22 on the splash pad, which sprays water so young children can run through it to cool off in the summer heat.
By Tuesday, the water shower portion had been damaged. Contractors suggested people may have been pulling on the equipment or hanging from it.
Damage is estimated at $3,000.
The damage at Madison Park, 9800 W. Glendale Ave., comes on the heels of vandalism at Hoyt Park's poolhouse and Hansen Park's golf clubhouse.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New UWM chancellor is high on Wauwatosa's Innovation Campus
- Mary Linsmeier School closes in Wauwatosa after 50 years
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Dec. 18
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Dec. 18
- Older adults mutually gain from tutoring Milwaukee Public School students
- Wauwatosa Public Library kicks off new writing program
- Wauwatosa's Kathy's House sees rising demand for hospital hospitality
- Wauwatosa's State Street Station project sent back to committee
- In Our Schools: Dec. 18, 2014
- Wauwatosa West football field considered for $1.5 million artificial turf upgrade