The new splash pad at Madison Park has not even been used yet and already vandals have damaged it.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
Contractors working on the project for the Milwaukee County Parks Department completed work May 22 on the splash pad, which sprays water so young children can run through it to cool off in the summer heat.
By Tuesday, the water shower portion had been damaged. Contractors suggested people may have been pulling on the equipment or hanging from it.
Damage is estimated at $3,000.
The damage at Madison Park, 9800 W. Glendale Ave., comes on the heels of vandalism at Hoyt Park's poolhouse and Hansen Park's golf clubhouse.
- Name revealed of new female giraffe at Milwaukee Co. Zoo
- State Street road work may be the biggest headache this year in Wauwatosa (1)
- Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa law enforcement honors fallen officers during national bike tour (1)
- Wauwatosa alderman calls 1979 parking ordinance 'nitpicky,' looks for change (11)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: May 26
- Wauwatosa News IQ: May 26
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are left-turn signals different at different times?
- Tosa school libraries gear up for fall introduction of 'makerspaces'
- Tosa West's We the People team reflects on nationals, yearly successes