The new splash pad at Madison Park has not even been used yet and already vandals have damaged it.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
Contractors working on the project for the Milwaukee County Parks Department completed work May 22 on the splash pad, which sprays water so young children can run through it to cool off in the summer heat.
By Tuesday, the water shower portion had been damaged. Contractors suggested people may have been pulling on the equipment or hanging from it.
Damage is estimated at $3,000.
The damage at Madison Park, 9800 W. Glendale Ave., comes on the heels of vandalism at Hoyt Park's poolhouse and Hansen Park's golf clubhouse.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- First peregrine falcon chicks at Wauwatosa energy plant tagged
- POLICEREPORT: June 18
- Vino 100 in Wauwatosa to close at month's end
- Wauwatosa's Mayfair Collections development names likely tenants
- Wauwatosa's Hartfest planning led by Leffler, volunteers
- 'Windows Into Wauwatosa' allows a peak into unsung locales
- Wauwatosa West triplet seniors to split but stay connected
- Police Report: June 18
- Cup of change starts to make a difference
- Skateboarders do 'slide' on Tosa hillside