The new splash pad at Madison Park has not even been used yet and already vandals have damaged it.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
Contractors working on the project for the Milwaukee County Parks Department completed work May 22 on the splash pad, which sprays water so young children can run through it to cool off in the summer heat.
By Tuesday, the water shower portion had been damaged. Contractors suggested people may have been pulling on the equipment or hanging from it.
Damage is estimated at $3,000.
The damage at Madison Park, 9800 W. Glendale Ave., comes on the heels of vandalism at Hoyt Park's poolhouse and Hansen Park's golf clubhouse.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa school board hears proposals for new course offerings
- Almost 200 people gather for lecture on Islam on Nov. 19 in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa East mourns death of classmate Davion 'Sugar Bear' Crawford
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo celebrates first birthday of young gorilla
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Nov. 30
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Nov. 15 - 21 (1)
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Nov. 29
- Wauwatosa stores set Thanksgiving, Black Friday hours
- Tosa's city health department earns national accreditation