A Wauwatosa woman was knocked out of her chair Thursday evening when a car crashed into the corner of her home in the 11100 block of Maple Lane.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
A woman was changing lanes when she struck a curb. Her tire blew out, and she lost control of her car, jumped a curb and drove into the southwest corner of the house.
The impact of the crash forced the 35-year-old homeowner out of her seat, and she struck her foot on a coffee table. She was taken to a local hospital for treatment.
The vehicle's driver and passenger were not hurt. The driver was cited for failing to control her vehicle.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Band Blast Off gives beginner musicians a boost
- Terminated Wauwatosa firefighters still fighting for disability benefits
- Ask Now: What's happening with three businesses on North Avenue?
- Wauwatosa columnist Peggy Dean, in her own words
- Man arrested for heroin possession at Best Buy in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa business Not Just Nuts closed after owner's death
- Wauwatosa's Montessori school will expand to serve middle-school grades
- Not Just Nuts closed, building owner looking for new tenant
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Aug. 21
- Artificial turf installed at Wauwatosa's Whitman Middle School soccer field