A 22-year-old Waukesha man has been arrested for driving a getaway vehicle after a strong-armed robbery at a Wauwatosa bakery Tuesday.
Witnesses told police they saw his partner in the crime, who has not yet been arrested, run from La Tarte, 6742 W. Wells St., and jump into a waiting vehicle. They were able to provide police with the license plate number and a description of the driver.
According to Wauwatosa Police Department reports:
A man entered the store, ordered a croissant and handed a $5 bill to the owner. As she opened the cash register to get his change, the customer reached over the counter and into the cash drawer.
The man pushed the register toward the owner and she fell on the floor, followed by the cash drawer. The man came around the counter, stepped over the business owner and took money.
Police tracked the vehicle to the Waukesha man, who said he could not have been involved because he loaned the vehicle to drug dealers in exchange for crack cocaine.
A check of his record showed he was on probation for armed robbery and had been kicked out of a halfway house.
- Prison for Waukesha man who groped teenage girl, then threatened her
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: May 5
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: May 5
- Wauwatosa Meetings: May 5
- Wauwatosa East student named 2016 presidential scholar
- Tosa Tonight announces 2016 concert headliners
- 360NOW: Wander Wawatosa's village
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes new female giraffe calf
- Video Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa seeks volunteers for focus groups on city communication