Employment by Clifton Gunderson in the Milwaukee area will increase as the top-25 accounting firm relocates its headquarters from Peoria, Ill. to Wauwatosa.
The move, announced last year, coincides with the rise of Krista McMasters to the position of CEO. McMasters, whose appointment was effective Monday, has long worked from the firm's Milwaukee office.
With McMasters' taking over - she is the first woman to head a top-25 accounting firm, according to Clifton Gunderson - jobs such as general counsel have been shifted to Wauwatosa.
"It will expand the number of employees that we will have in our Milwaukee office," spokeswoman Jen Dirks said. "...Kris would love her executive team here."
Nearly 130 professionals work for Clifton Gunderson here. Nationwide, the professional staff totals more than 2,000 in 45 offices.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tosa East Players perform play-within-a-play in 'Curtains'
- What to expect as Wauwautosa YMCA changes hands
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why don't public and parochial schools have the same schedules?
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Oct. 23
- In Our Schools: Oct. 23
- Biz Buzz: Corner Bakery, T.J. Maxx, Pizza Man, Camp Bar Tosa, Hue Vietnamese Restaurant
- Business Notes: Oct. 23
- DEA says four Wauwatosa pharmacies used in prescription fraud ring
- T.J. Maxx opening Oct. 30 in Wauwatosa
- Business Spotlight: Designing, contracting go hand in hand for French Country Pine