Two Milwaukee teenagers have been arrested for breaking into a Village business on two consecutive nights and taking bicycles, computers and a van.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department reports:
The boys, ages 17 and 15, ransacked several offices of Team Sports, 6228 W. State St., on May 16. Among the items they took were keys to the company van, which they drove through a gate on the property.
The managers at the sports managing and marketing business had not even had a chance to identify all of the items that had been taken when the burglars struck again May 17.
This time, they opened every door and drawer and took two bicycles, several pairs of sunglasses, two desktop and two laptop computers and numerous other items.
On May 19, Milwaukee police found a group of teens riding around in the company's van, which was driven by the 15-year-old. Officers found empty beer cans, liquor bottles and bags of chips in the back of the vehicle, which was sent to the impound lot.
The 15-year-old boy's parents said he had run away from home May 8 and that he had been skipping school. He was sent to Milwaukee County Children's Court Center.
The 17-year-old was among the kids found in the van, but he had said he did not realize the van had been stolen. Officers became suspicious when his neighbors started finding some of the stolen items in their yards.
One woman found a computer, clock radios and digital music players stashed in an old whiskey barrel that she uses as a planter. A man found a plastic bag filled with keys, a cell phone, a backpack with sporting goods and a briefcase containing business papers in his yard. One of the bicycles was also recovered on a nearby street corner.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- President Obama honored Wauwatosa's superintendent for technology integration
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Nov. 27
- In Our Schools: Nov. 27, 2014
- Public Forum: State Street Station plan is too large for site
- Public Forum: School district steps up on west side sidewalks
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Nov. 27
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Arte Wine & Painting Studio
- Wauwatosa hosts wedding expo for same-sex couples
- Wauwatosa's Underwood Elementary students donate candy to troops overseas
- Business Spotlight: Wauwatosa yoga and massage center aims to bring body and mind into focus