The initiative that started this spring to crack down on drunken driving in the Milwaukee resulted in 30 more arrests on Saturday night.
Members of the 13 law enforcement units that make up the Southeast Wisconsin Drunk Driving Task Force pulled over 190 motorists and issued 161 citations for a variety of traffic violations.
Wauwatosa police made five drunken driving arrests targeting streets like Blue Mound Road. Two of the people nabbed had prior drunken driver arrests on their records.
The task force will next be deployed on Friday, June 5. Its efforts are highly publicized to prevent people from driving under the influence of alcohol, according to the Milwaukee County Sheriff's Department.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Police to warn against impaired driving on St. Patrick's Day
- Fundraiser covers funeral expenses for victim of Wauwatosa house fire
- News & Notes: March 5, 2015
- Wauwatosa Common Council approves rezoning for Wisconsin Lutheran College parking structure
- In Our Schools: March 5
- Local developer sees opportunity for rebuild of Wauwatosa library, city hall
- Big talk on drugs has macro and micro perspectives at Wauwatosa East
- Wauwatosa library first in state to offer Hoopla video and music streaming
- Ask Now: Why does Aldi have so many handicap parking spaces?
- Change in Hart Park Senior Center management worries some members