The initiative that started this spring to crack down on drunken driving in the Milwaukee resulted in 30 more arrests on Saturday night.
Members of the 13 law enforcement units that make up the Southeast Wisconsin Drunk Driving Task Force pulled over 190 motorists and issued 161 citations for a variety of traffic violations.
Wauwatosa police made five drunken driving arrests targeting streets like Blue Mound Road. Two of the people nabbed had prior drunken driver arrests on their records.
The task force will next be deployed on Friday, June 5. Its efforts are highly publicized to prevent people from driving under the influence of alcohol, according to the Milwaukee County Sheriff's Department.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Authorities release name of 14-year-old drowning victim in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Biz Buzz: July 24, 2014
- Business Notes: July 24, 2014
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 24, 2014 issue
- Wauwatosa police link car thefts to those in Milwaukee County
- Hart Park Senior Center looks for new operator
- Former Wauwatosa priest appears in court after several missed appearances
- News and Notes: July 24, 2014 issue
- In brief: July 24, 2014
- Numbers peak for Wauwatosa summer school enrollment, programs