The initiative that started this spring to crack down on drunken driving in the Milwaukee resulted in 30 more arrests on Saturday night.
Members of the 13 law enforcement units that make up the Southeast Wisconsin Drunk Driving Task Force pulled over 190 motorists and issued 161 citations for a variety of traffic violations.
Wauwatosa police made five drunken driving arrests targeting streets like Blue Mound Road. Two of the people nabbed had prior drunken driver arrests on their records.
The task force will next be deployed on Friday, June 5. Its efforts are highly publicized to prevent people from driving under the influence of alcohol, according to the Milwaukee County Sheriff's Department.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- 500 free winter emergency kits given away at Mayfair tomorrow
- Camp Bar Tosa opens Saturday
- Ask Now: Why are there concrete slabs on North Avenue?
- Early Learners' Class gets 2- and early 3-year-olds ready for school
- News and Notes: Oct. 16
- Wauwatosa considers extending North Avenue bikes lanes
- Wauwatosa West grad recognized for good deed, and it comes back to her
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Oct. 16
- The Malt Shoppe grand opening party is Oct. 24-26
- New Sodexo chef helps spice up Wauwatosa cafeteria food