A 54-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for his fourth drunken-driving offense and driving with a revoked license after clerks at a Wauwatosa grocery store refused to sell him alcohol Sunday afternoon.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
The man was highly intoxicated and acting disorderly in Metcalf's Sentry Foods, 6700 W. State St., so workers would not allow him to purchase any alcohol. He got upset and drove off in his vehicle.
But officers stopped him a couple of blocks away. When they asked him to exit his vehicle to perform sobriety tests, he had difficulty standing on his own.
His blood-alcohol content was 0.25, more than three times the legal limit.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tosa's All-City Read well underway, more events to come
- Wauwatosa Revolving Loan Fund celebrates 25 years
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes two new lionesses
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Feb. 11
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Feb. 15
- In Brief: Eisenhower resale seeks sellers
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Is it Blue Mound or Bluemound? (1)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Feb. 4
- Wauwatosa News IQ: Feb. 4