A 54-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for his fourth drunken-driving offense and driving with a revoked license after clerks at a Wauwatosa grocery store refused to sell him alcohol Sunday afternoon.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
The man was highly intoxicated and acting disorderly in Metcalf's Sentry Foods, 6700 W. State St., so workers would not allow him to purchase any alcohol. He got upset and drove off in his vehicle.
But officers stopped him a couple of blocks away. When they asked him to exit his vehicle to perform sobriety tests, he had difficulty standing on his own.
His blood-alcohol content was 0.25, more than three times the legal limit.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wellness fair promotes healthy lifestyle among Wilson Elementary students
- In Our Schools: March 6
- Police Report: March 6
- Change aims for user-friendly government
- Ask NOW: When will North Avenue traffic signals be improved?
- Common Council reconsiders smartphone stipend
- Audit exposes weaknesses in school district's special ed program
- City's private/public agency dies quietly
- City Administrator Archambo gets 3-year deal that will take him to $150,000