Two people were arrested for heroin and drug paraphernalia possession after a security guard saw them shooting up in the Mayfair Mall parking lot last week.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
Officers found 28 small bags of the drug and six syringes in the vehicle at 7 p.m. May 18.
A 17-year-old Hartland boy and a 20-year-old Nashotah man were waiting in the car while a friend shopped in the mall. They decided to "cook" some heroin with a lighter and inject the drugs in their arms.
The man said he had been used heroin three or four times per day and used his unemployment checks to pay for the drugs.
They were referred to the Milwaukee County District Attorney's Office.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tosa students win Destination Imagination awards
- Celebrate Earth Day by sprucing up Tosa green spaces
- Wauwatosa United Methodist Church make PB&J sandwiches for meal program
- Business loan program use picks up with economy
- Fire Department hopes to start home safety visits
- Police Reports: April 22
- Longfellow Middle School's theater director retires on 'Disney's Little Mermaid, Jr.'
- Reading incentives help prevent 'summer slide' at Wauwatosa East
- Ask NOW: What can be done about pet owners that don't clean up 'droppings'?
- WPA seeking assistant program director