Two people were arrested for heroin and drug paraphernalia possession after a security guard saw them shooting up in the Mayfair Mall parking lot last week.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
Officers found 28 small bags of the drug and six syringes in the vehicle at 7 p.m. May 18.
A 17-year-old Hartland boy and a 20-year-old Nashotah man were waiting in the car while a friend shopped in the mall. They decided to "cook" some heroin with a lighter and inject the drugs in their arms.
The man said he had been used heroin three or four times per day and used his unemployment checks to pay for the drugs.
They were referred to the Milwaukee County District Attorney's Office.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Dec. 7
- Business Spotlight: Face time is the best time for photographer Stephanie Bartz
- Business Notes: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa unveils convenient, affordable water online water bill payment options
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa girl scouts help feed the hungry this Thanksgiving
- Ask Now: Why the fancy drain at Hart Park? (2)
- In Brief: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa library announces campaign to give students study space
- In our schools