There have been numerous grab-and-run thefts of merchandise at Boston Store at Mayfair in the past few weeks, with the most recent resulting in a loss of clothing valued at more than $4,600.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The department store had been open only minutes when employees heard the theft alarm sound at 10:03 a.m. March 24.
Two men had grabbed armfuls of clothing and ran to a vehicle.
One of the men was recognized as the same person who had been casing the store the prior day. He had left when he saw a uniformed security guard.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Learning Never Ends boasts new programs
- Therapist suggests making massage priority
- Police Report: April 16
- New electrical substation approved for Wauwatosa medical district
- McBride retains Common Council presidency
- Arté Wine and Painting Studio expands
- News & Notes: April 16
- Swiderski awarded Top Brillion Farm Equipment dealer award
- Battle of the Books challenges kids to stretch their limits
- Ask NOW: When will the lanes on Burleigh Street near Highway 45 be less confusing?