There have been numerous grab-and-run thefts at Boston Store at Mayfair in the past few weeks, with one of the most recent resulting in a loss of clothing valued at more than $4,600.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The department store had been open only minutes when employees heard the theft alarm sound at at 10:03 a.m. March 24.
Two men had grabbed armfuls of clothing and ran to a vehicle.
One of the men was recognized as the same person who had been casing the store the prior day. He had left when he saw a uniformed security guard.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late-falling leaves a headache for Wauwatosa
- Birschel says he will not run for re-election
- Police: Man slumped over in broken car arrested for OWI
- Ask NOW: What is the purpose of Discovery Parkway?
- Scam perpetrators use identity of local company
- This Week in Tosa History: Dec. 5
- Property tax bills hit mailboxes next week
- Skate park fundraising reaches $240,000
- More than 1,000 go blue for Sebena
- New Swan Blvd. soon to open as Mayfair work ends north of I-94