Mayor Jill Didier, with help from a committee of Wauwatosa residents, hopes to sell 500 Hart Park stadium bleacher seats by July 20.
She officially launched her "get benched" fundraising campaign today. Groups, businesses, families and individuals can have their names engraved on a bleacher seat for the price of $200.
Donors will be able to engrave up to 22 characters, but the committee will review and approve all messages, Didier said in a news release issued this afternoon.
Proceeds will go toward the cost of replacing the stadium, tennis court and track.
Construction is already under way on the Hart Park athletic facilities improvements. Crews have been pulling out the old bleachers and removing pavement at the tennis courts, City Administrator James Archambo said in his weekly newsletter.
To purchase a bleacher seat, call intern David Brinker at (414) 479-8900, Ext. 5605, or e-mail email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Dec. 7
- Business Spotlight: Face time is the best time for photographer Stephanie Bartz
- Business Notes: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa unveils convenient, affordable water online water bill payment options
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa girl scouts help feed the hungry this Thanksgiving
- Ask Now: Why the fancy drain at Hart Park? (2)
- In Brief: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa library announces campaign to give students study space
- In our schools