Mayor Jill Didier, with help from a committee of Wauwatosa residents, hopes to sell 500 Hart Park stadium bleacher seats by July 20.
She officially launched her "get benched" fundraising campaign today. Groups, businesses, families and individuals can have their names engraved on a bleacher seat for the price of $200.
Donors will be able to engrave up to 22 characters, but the committee will review and approve all messages, Didier said in a news release issued this afternoon.
Proceeds will go toward the cost of replacing the stadium, tennis court and track.
Construction is already under way on the Hart Park athletic facilities improvements. Crews have been pulling out the old bleachers and removing pavement at the tennis courts, City Administrator James Archambo said in his weekly newsletter.
To purchase a bleacher seat, call intern David Brinker at (414) 479-8900, Ext. 5605, or e-mail email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late-falling leaves a headache for Wauwatosa
- Birschel says he will not run for re-election
- Police: Man slumped over in broken car arrested for OWI
- Ask NOW: What is the purpose of Discovery Parkway?
- Scam perpetrators use identity of local company
- This Week in Tosa History: Dec. 5
- Property tax bills hit mailboxes next week
- Skate park fundraising reaches $240,000
- More than 1,000 go blue for Sebena
- New Swan Blvd. soon to open as Mayfair work ends north of I-94