Mayor Jill Didier, with help from a committee of Wauwatosa residents, hopes to sell 500 Hart Park stadium bleacher seats by July 20.
She officially launched her "get benched" fundraising campaign today. Groups, businesses, families and individuals can have their names engraved on a bleacher seat for the price of $200.
Donors will be able to engrave up to 22 characters, but the committee will review and approve all messages, Didier said in a news release issued this afternoon.
Proceeds will go toward the cost of replacing the stadium, tennis court and track.
Construction is already under way on the Hart Park athletic facilities improvements. Crews have been pulling out the old bleachers and removing pavement at the tennis courts, City Administrator James Archambo said in his weekly newsletter.
To purchase a bleacher seat, call intern David Brinker at (414) 479-8900, Ext. 5605, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In Brief: Three aquatic parks, including Hoyt Pool, to stay open through Monday
- 88-year-old passenger dies after three-car crash in Tosa
- Police say train accident was 'apparent suicide' by Oak Creek man
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Aug. 28
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is parking allowed on both sides of Menomonee River Parkway?
- New associate principals at Wauwatosa East High School come from Milwaukee, Waukesha
- Tajikistan visit expands outlook on food sources and heritage for Wauwatosa West students
- New school year for the Wauwatosa School District brings new standards, evaluations and projects
- Ronald McDonald House in Wauwatosa to double number of families it serves
- Germantown district pursues personalized learning options