Mayor Jill Didier, with help from a committee of Wauwatosa residents, hopes to sell 500 Hart Park stadium bleacher seats by July 20.
She officially launched her "get benched" fundraising campaign today. Groups, businesses, families and individuals can have their names engraved on a bleacher seat for the price of $200.
Donors will be able to engrave up to 22 characters, but the committee will review and approve all messages, Didier said in a news release issued this afternoon.
Proceeds will go toward the cost of replacing the stadium, tennis court and track.
Construction is already under way on the Hart Park athletic facilities improvements. Crews have been pulling out the old bleachers and removing pavement at the tennis courts, City Administrator James Archambo said in his weekly newsletter.
To purchase a bleacher seat, call intern David Brinker at (414) 479-8900, Ext. 5605, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- J. Crew Mercantile to open store at The Mayfair Collection (1)
- Art gallery featuring work of at-risk youth opens in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Aug. 3
- Wednesday house fire causes $100,000 in damage to Tosa home
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: July 30
- In Brief: July 30
- Streetscape project moves to Tosa's Common Council (2)
- Wauwatosa woman believed to be oldest in state
- A Wauwatosa artist's unique work will be on display at the Firefly Art Fair
- First Responders Fest "humbling" for Wauwatosa's emergency crew leaders