Three Hart Park Senior Center members were recognized for their service to the center at a May 13 dinner.
Edith Hoffmann accepted the Distinguished Service Award for her volunteerism, including her involvement with the Music from the Hart group, since the center opened a decade ago.
Nancy Wenten took home the Heart of the Hart Award for 2008. In her years at the center she has held many offices, served as Program Committee chairwoman and volunteered many hours.
Agnes Tutkowski received the Volunteer of the Year Award with 123 recorded hours, during which she worked at the reception desk and tracked participation statistics.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: What is being built at Hart Park?
- Bob Simi, new director at Milwaukee Regional Medical Center, sees opportunities for development
- How 205 immigrants became citizens at the State Fair Park last week
- Newly designed NICU at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin creates homelike environment
- Wauwatosa breaks out its holiday cheer
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Nov. 27
- Ethnic foods unite Eisenhower fifth-graders for pre-Thanksgiving feast
- Found in possession of stolen jewelry, Wauwatosa's Gold Emporium could lose license
- Ice skating to return to Center Street Park on Wauwatosa border after decades away
- U.S. Naval Academy midshipman educates young minds at Our Redeemer Lutheran School