Two men took about 30 designer T-shirts from Macy's at Mayfair Mall in what Wauwatosa police are calling a "grab-and-run" on Saturday evening.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
Sales staff heard the security sensor go off, then saw a man running out the door with his arms full of merchandise toward another man who stood holding open the door of a car parked right outside the store entrance. They threw the merchandise in the backseat, jumped in the vehicle and sped off.
Store management estimate the value of the clothing at $1,500 to $3,000.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Mayfair parking structure to open tonight
- The Malt Shoppe opens Friday in Wauwatosa
- Taste of the Town: Eddie Martini's remains a classic stop
- Wauwatosa businesses recognized for employing people with disabilities
- Neighbors continue combating Wauwatosa Woman's Club parking proposal (1)
- Wauwatosa's Center Street, lined with schools, could see sidewalks, bike lanes
- Wauwatosa negotiating financial aid for Underwood apartments
- Weekly Planner: Oct. 23
- Tosa East Players perform play-within-a-play in 'Curtains'
- What to expect as Wauwautosa YMCA changes hands