Twenty-two more drunken drivers were arrested on Milwaukee area roads as part of a cooperative effort among 13 law enforcement agencies.
Many of the officers participating in the Southeast Wisconsin Drunk Driving Task Force enforcement activities Friday said many of the arrests coincided with "happy hour," according to a news release from Milwaukee County Sheriff's Office.
Four of the 22 arrests were made in Wauwatosa, Wauwatosa police Lt. Tim Sharpee said.
In addition to the drunken driving arrests, 126 citations were issued by task force agencies for traffic violations.
The task force will hold its next drunken-driving enforcement effort Saturday night. Agencies are giving residents a heads up in hopes they will stay off the road if they have been drinking.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Longfellow hosting Wauwatosa's Memorial Day ceremony Monday
- Wauwatosa Police Report: May 10-16 (1)
- Choice school, dry cleaning issues held for more discussion in Wauwatosa
- Ask Now: Why are there so many traffic lights on Highway 100? (2)
- Wauwatosa to take extra step vetting St. Camillus proposal for tallest building in city
- Yellow Wood will bring high-quality outdoors gear to Whitefish Bay
- Medical College plans expansion with demolition of building on Mayfair Road
- Wauwatosa approves conceptual design for pocket park on North Avenue (9)
- Wauwatosa School Board approves raises for teachers, administrators and staff
- Tosa Tonight releases lineup for summer concert series