Twenty-two more drunken drivers were arrested on Milwaukee area roads as part of a cooperative effort among 13 law enforcement agencies.
Many of the officers participating in the Southeast Wisconsin Drunk Driving Task Force enforcement activities Friday said many of the arrests coincided with "happy hour," according to a news release from Milwaukee County Sheriff's Office.
Four of the 22 arrests were made in Wauwatosa, Wauwatosa police Lt. Tim Sharpee said.
In addition to the drunken driving arrests, 126 citations were issued by task force agencies for traffic violations.
The task force will hold its next drunken-driving enforcement effort Saturday night. Agencies are giving residents a heads up in hopes they will stay off the road if they have been drinking.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Children's theater presents free performance of "The Frog Prince" tomorrow night
- Future Wauwatosa high school graduates face new science requirements
- Wauwatosa's Night Out celebrates 20th anniversary Aug. 5
- Wauwatosa responds to concerns about radiation from water meters
- State Fair highlights Wauwatosa businesses, crafts
- Ask Now: Do police officers still give out baseball cards?
- Wauwatosa's Hawaiian specialty store crowdfunds commercial kitchen
- Wisconsin's only texting-while-driving simulator, demonstrated in Wauwatosa, sobers distracted drive
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 31
- Biz Buzz: July 31