Twenty-two more drunken drivers were arrested on Milwaukee area roads as part of a cooperative effort among 13 law enforcement agencies.
Many of the officers participating in the Southeast Wisconsin Drunk Driving Task Force enforcement activities Friday said many of the arrests coincided with "happy hour," according to a news release from Milwaukee County Sheriff's Office.
Four of the 22 arrests were made in Wauwatosa, Wauwatosa police Lt. Tim Sharpee said.
In addition to the drunken driving arrests, 126 citations were issued by task force agencies for traffic violations.
The task force will hold its next drunken-driving enforcement effort Saturday night. Agencies are giving residents a heads up in hopes they will stay off the road if they have been drinking.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- East Tosa BID rejected
- Rollover crash shuts down southbound Highway 45 in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Police Reports: Oct. 2
- Motorcyclist dies after collision on North Avenue in East Tosa
- Enter Halloween contest to win tickets to Legends & Lore
- Wauwatosa In Our Schools: Oct. 2
- Hue serving first dinner in Tosa tonight
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Oct. 2
- Business Spotlight: Salamander changed shape, until it took on women's clothing
- Wauwatosa Police Reports: Sept. 25