The Wauwatosa Police Department has been working with numerous state, federal and local law enforcement agencies to bring down a drug trafficking ring that has crossed state lines.
This morning, 15 people were arrested in Milwaukee after the agencies executed 10 search warrants this morning, according to a news release from Attorney General J.B. Van Hollen issued this afternoon
The 18-month investigation uncovered an organization that distributed significant amounts of drugs throughout the Milwaukee metropolitan area.
Wauwatosa Police worked with Wisconsin Department of Justice Division of Criminal Investigation, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration Milwaukee County Sheriff's and District Attorney's offices and Milwaukee and West Allis police departments
This was the culmination of a year and one-half long investigation into a multi-state drug trafficking organization that was responsible for distributing significant amounts of controlled substances.
All the people arrested are being detained in the Milwaukee County Criminal Justice Facility on a variety of drug-related charges.
Van Hollen said no further information is being released at this time because the investigation is ongoing.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Aug. 23-29
- 10 Days in Tosa offers map to participating restaurants
- Large Wauwatosa oak tree cut down after storm damage
- Wauwatosa police will host OWI Task Force deployment
- Tosa author publishes children's book based on real life encounters with mouse
- Wauwatosa officers return to work after weeks of administrative leave following shooting death (2)
- Wauwatosa News IQ: Sept. 3
- Common council OKs addition of right turn lane at Burleigh Street onto Mayfair Road
- Tosa's Safe Routes to School unveils new safety features in high foot traffic areas (1)
- Ask Now: Is there going to be a park and ride lot on Watertown Plank Road?