The Wauwatosa Police Department has been working with numerous state, federal and local law enforcement agencies to bring down a drug trafficking ring that has crossed state lines.
This morning, 15 people were arrested in Milwaukee after the agencies executed 10 search warrants this morning, according to a news release from Attorney General J.B. Van Hollen issued this afternoon
The 18-month investigation uncovered an organization that distributed significant amounts of drugs throughout the Milwaukee metropolitan area.
Wauwatosa Police worked with Wisconsin Department of Justice Division of Criminal Investigation, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration Milwaukee County Sheriff's and District Attorney's offices and Milwaukee and West Allis police departments
This was the culmination of a year and one-half long investigation into a multi-state drug trafficking organization that was responsible for distributing significant amounts of controlled substances.
All the people arrested are being detained in the Milwaukee County Criminal Justice Facility on a variety of drug-related charges.
Van Hollen said no further information is being released at this time because the investigation is ongoing.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Biz Buzz: Corner Bakery, T.J. Maxx, Pizza Man, Camp Bar Tosa, Hue Vietnamese Restaurant
- Business Notes: Oct. 23
- DEA says four Wauwatosa pharmacies used in prescription fraud ring
- T.J. Maxx opening Oct. 30 in Wauwatosa
- Business Spotlight: Designing, contracting go hand in hand for French Country Pine
- Things to Do: Oct. 23
- 500 free winter emergency kits given away at Mayfair tomorrow
- Camp Bar Tosa opens Saturday
- Ask Now: Why are there concrete slabs on North Avenue?
- Early Learners' Class gets 2- and early 3-year-olds ready for school