A 23-year-old man and 18-year-old woman, both of Milwaukee, were arrested for marijuana possession with intent to deliver after their vehicle struck a light pole in the 6600 block of West North Avenue at 4:45 p.m. May 3.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
The woman was cited for failing to keep her vehicle under control and driving without a license.
She said the vehicle door opened as she was driving and when she reached over to close it, she lost control of the vehicle. The car hopped the curb and struck the pole. The vehicle's front end was severely damaged, and it could not be driven.
As they were waiting for a tow truck, the driver cleared out a few items from the backseat, including 7.2 grams of marijuana.
A search of the man resulted in a roll of $690 in cash. A background check showed the man had been charged with drug-related crimes in the past.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- News & Notes: Jan. 29, 2015
- Ask Now: Why are Roosevelt and McKinley elementary schools so similar?
- Two businesses in same building burglarized
- Wauwatosa Montessori students practice mind-body awareness with help from Growing Minds program
- Exercising eminent domain, Wauwatosa seeks warehouse property for school drop-off site
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Therapist finds himself enriched by a life shaped by transitions
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Jan. 29
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Jan. 29
- Wauwatosa offers 'Citizen's Academy' course
- Wauwatosa schools consider largest investment yet in facilities; discuss replacing buildings