A 23-year-old man and 18-year-old woman, both of Milwaukee, were arrested for marijuana possession with intent to deliver after their vehicle struck a light pole in the 6600 block of West North Avenue at 4:45 p.m. May 3.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
The woman was cited for failing to keep her vehicle under control and driving without a license.
She said the vehicle door opened as she was driving and when she reached over to close it, she lost control of the vehicle. The car hopped the curb and struck the pole. The vehicle's front end was severely damaged, and it could not be driven.
As they were waiting for a tow truck, the driver cleared out a few items from the backseat, including 7.2 grams of marijuana.
A search of the man resulted in a roll of $690 in cash. A background check showed the man had been charged with drug-related crimes in the past.
- 360NOW: Wander Wawatosa's village
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes new female giraffe calf
- Video Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa seeks volunteers for focus groups on city communication
- Area businesses collaborate to create the 'Cranky Sammie' in East Tosa
- District leaders question use of Wauwatosa schools as voting locations (9)
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: May 2
- Moms get free admission to the zoo
- Pathways High alternative school pushes ahead despite adverse response from Wauwatosa schools
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 17-23