A 23-year-old man and 18-year-old woman, both of Milwaukee, were arrested for marijuana possession with intent to deliver after their vehicle struck a light pole in the 6600 block of West North Avenue at 4:45 p.m. May 3.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
The woman was cited for failing to keep her vehicle under control and driving without a license.
She said the vehicle door opened as she was driving and when she reached over to close it, she lost control of the vehicle. The car hopped the curb and struck the pole. The vehicle's front end was severely damaged, and it could not be driven.
As they were waiting for a tow truck, the driver cleared out a few items from the backseat, including 7.2 grams of marijuana.
A search of the man resulted in a roll of $690 in cash. A background check showed the man had been charged with drug-related crimes in the past.
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomo
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Aug. 1
- Store owners, police weigh in on string of protests at Mayfair mall (21)
- Our newspaper website is changing