A 23-year-old man and 18-year-old woman, both of Milwaukee, were arrested for marijuana possession with intent to deliver after their vehicle struck a light pole in the 6600 block of West North Avenue at 4:45 p.m. May 3.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
The woman was cited for failing to keep her vehicle under control and driving without a license.
She said the vehicle door opened as she was driving and when she reached over to close it, she lost control of the vehicle. The car hopped the curb and struck the pole. The vehicle's front end was severely damaged, and it could not be driven.
As they were waiting for a tow truck, the driver cleared out a few items from the backseat, including 7.2 grams of marijuana.
A search of the man resulted in a roll of $690 in cash. A background check showed the man had been charged with drug-related crimes in the past.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa's Lady in Red reopens as Nikki's Boutique after remodel
- 'Tarzan' takes flight at Wauwatosa East
- Tosa Recreation Dept. to hold textile recycling event
- Exactly 175 years ago, Wauwatosa became a town (3)
- Wauwatosa News IQ: April 30
- Milwaukee teens charged for armed robbery in Mayfair bathroom
- Parents raise conflict of interest concerns about Wauwatosa School Board member
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: April 30
- In Our Schools: April 30
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Chiropractor says it's not just about the spine