A semi driver entering a construction site in the 3800 block of North 124th Street saw a man trying to pry open the door of a work vehicle about 1 p.m. Tuesday.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
Initially, the driver thought the man had been locked out of the vehicle, but when he approached, the man quickly walked back to his vehicle and drove off.
Later, the semi driver saw the same man breaking into a different vehicle. Again, the suspect ran to his truck. But this time he had trouble starting it.
The man threw a screwdriver at the semi driver to try to scare him away. The semi driver opened a door on the man's vehicle and took out two stolen tool kits before the suspect sped off, leaving skid marks behind.
The suspect did get away with a $200 drill.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Village valet service tentatively halted on Sundays
- Ask Now: Can parts of Milwaukee get annexed back into Wauwatosa?
- Wauwatosa School District filled a 'typical' 60 jobs this summer (1)
- Monarch advocates celebrate 10th year of releasing butterflies at County Grounds in Wauwatosa
- Disability advocates concerned about lack of housing in Wauwatosa
- Gay Ex-Wauwatosa police officer says she endured years of harassment, gets $77k settlement
- Wauwatosa's Diva Day brings shopping deals and business boosts
- Wauwatosa things to do: August 27
- Suspected pipe bomb draws neighborhood attention in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa School District mobile app now available for download