A semi driver entering a construction site in the 3800 block of North 124th Street saw a man trying to pry open the door of a work vehicle about 1 p.m. Tuesday.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
Initially, the driver thought the man had been locked out of the vehicle, but when he approached, the man quickly walked back to his vehicle and drove off.
Later, the semi driver saw the same man breaking into a different vehicle. Again, the suspect ran to his truck. But this time he had trouble starting it.
The man threw a screwdriver at the semi driver to try to scare him away. The semi driver opened a door on the man's vehicle and took out two stolen tool kits before the suspect sped off, leaving skid marks behind.
The suspect did get away with a $200 drill.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Zoo Interchange ramp closing March 26-April 2
- Wauwatiki plans to bring Caribbean cuisine, cocktails to East Tosa
- Student writing contest entries due today
- Wauwatosa East students reeling from teacher's sudden resignation
- Wauwatosans lobby lawmakers for public education funding
- Wauwatosa police warn residents about buying fake iPhones
- Education Foundation of Wauwatosa donates $69,784 to district in 8 grants
- Washington Ranks among Healthier Counties in Wisconsin's Health Rankings
- Ask Now: Why is there only one westbound Watertown Plank Road lane leading to Highway 45 ramps?
- Cattywampus upcycling store in Wauwatosa makes vintage decor modern