A semi driver entering a construction site in the 3800 block of North 124th Street saw a man trying to pry open the door of a work vehicle about 1 p.m. Tuesday.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
Initially, the driver thought the man had been locked out of the vehicle, but when he approached, the man quickly walked back to his vehicle and drove off.
Later, the semi driver saw the same man breaking into a different vehicle. Again, the suspect ran to his truck. But this time he had trouble starting it.
The man threw a screwdriver at the semi driver to try to scare him away. The semi driver opened a door on the man's vehicle and took out two stolen tool kits before the suspect sped off, leaving skid marks behind.
The suspect did get away with a $200 drill.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Learning Never Ends boasts new programs
- Therapist suggests making massage priority
- Police Report: April 16
- New electrical substation approved for Wauwatosa medical district
- McBride retains Common Council presidency
- Arté Wine and Painting Studio expands
- News & Notes: April 16
- Swiderski awarded Top Brillion Farm Equipment dealer award
- Battle of the Books challenges kids to stretch their limits
- Ask NOW: When will the lanes on Burleigh Street near Highway 45 be less confusing?