A semi driver entering a construction site in the 3800 block of North 124th Street saw a man trying to pry open the door of a work vehicle about 1 p.m. Tuesday.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
Initially, the driver thought the man had been locked out of the vehicle, but when he approached, the man quickly walked back to his vehicle and drove off.
Later, the semi driver saw the same man breaking into a different vehicle. Again, the suspect ran to his truck. But this time he had trouble starting it.
The man threw a screwdriver at the semi driver to try to scare him away. The semi driver opened a door on the man's vehicle and took out two stolen tool kits before the suspect sped off, leaving skid marks behind.
The suspect did get away with a $200 drill.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Suburban Woman's Club of Wauwatosa awards scholarships to teachers
- Seniors now eligible for free Milwaukee County bus passes
- MMSD bringing Schoonmaker creek above ground near river in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa News IQ: April 16
- Mara is new DBA director of public relations
- In Brief: April 16
- Choice school looks to occupy Wauwatosa building that housed Pius (9)
- Wauwatosa woman accused of falsely claiming ex-husband's death to receive benefits
- Wauwatosa In Our Schools: April 16
- Wauwatosa dry cleaner seeks permission to use former City Market building