A semi driver entering a construction site in the 3800 block of North 124th Street saw a man trying to pry open the door of a work vehicle about 1 p.m. Tuesday.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
Initially, the driver thought the man had been locked out of the vehicle, but when he approached, the man quickly walked back to his vehicle and drove off.
Later, the semi driver saw the same man breaking into a different vehicle. Again, the suspect ran to his truck. But this time he had trouble starting it.
The man threw a screwdriver at the semi driver to try to scare him away. The semi driver opened a door on the man's vehicle and took out two stolen tool kits before the suspect sped off, leaving skid marks behind.
The suspect did get away with a $200 drill.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- DA's office will not bring criminal charges against officers who shot and killed man with sword (1)
- Mayfair mall, Susan G. Komen host series of breast cancer events
- Wauwatosa schools celebrate Walk to School Day on Oct. 7
- Wauwatosa Fire Department earns accreditation, and is now more data-driven than ever
- A tour of homes with a flavor of architecture and history
- Wauwatosa West High School homecoming is student-run this year
- Tosa Farmers Market pushes for end-of-year attendance
- In brief: author chat, budget talks, spring election
- Wauwatosa School Board approves superintendent's new contract, salary
- Wauwatosa News IQ: Oct. 1