Wauwatosa - The Common Council's Community Development Committee on Tuesday will discuss a proposed ordinance that would establish a process for naming city properties such as buildings, parks and stadiums.
Among other things, the ordinance would require council approval if the donation made for the naming rights would exceed $5,000.
Political and religious organizations, including churches, would be prohibited from purchasing naming rights.
Mayor Jill Didier is trying to sell naming rights to tennis courts and other facilities being renovated at Hart Park.
- 360NOW: Wander Wawatosa's village
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes new female giraffe calf
- Video Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa seeks volunteers for focus groups on city communication
- Area businesses collaborate to create the 'Cranky Sammie' in East Tosa
- District leaders question use of Wauwatosa schools as voting locations (9)
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: May 2
- Moms get free admission to the zoo
- Pathways High alternative school pushes ahead despite adverse response from Wauwatosa schools
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 17-23