Wauwatosa - The Common Council's Community Development Committee on Tuesday will discuss a proposed ordinance that would establish a process for naming city properties such as buildings, parks and stadiums.
Among other things, the ordinance would require council approval if the donation made for the naming rights would exceed $5,000.
Political and religious organizations, including churches, would be prohibited from purchasing naming rights.
Mayor Jill Didier is trying to sell naming rights to tennis courts and other facilities being renovated at Hart Park.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Weekly Planner: Oct. 23
- Tosa East Players perform play-within-a-play in 'Curtains'
- What to expect as Wauwautosa YMCA changes hands
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why don't public and parochial schools have the same schedules?
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Oct. 23
- In Our Schools: Oct. 23
- Biz Buzz: Corner Bakery, T.J. Maxx, Pizza Man, Camp Bar Tosa, Hue Vietnamese Restaurant
- Business Notes: Oct. 23
- DEA says four Wauwatosa pharmacies used in prescription fraud ring
- T.J. Maxx opening Oct. 30 in Wauwatosa