Wauwatosa - The Common Council's Community Development Committee on Tuesday will discuss a proposed ordinance that would establish a process for naming city properties such as buildings, parks and stadiums.
Among other things, the ordinance would require council approval if the donation made for the naming rights would exceed $5,000.
Political and religious organizations, including churches, would be prohibited from purchasing naming rights.
Mayor Jill Didier is trying to sell naming rights to tennis courts and other facilities being renovated at Hart Park.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Police Report: March 5
- Student in custody for bringing knives to Wauwatosa East High School
- Business Spotlight: Valentine business partners found coffee kept calling them back
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: March 5
- Public Forum: Women's rights, abortion rights, are not respected
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: March 5
- Dry cleaner seeks expansion into old City Market in Wauwatosa
- Twirly Birds vintage store plans return to Wauwatosa
- Construction worker dies in machinery accident at Zoo Interchange project
- Wauwatosa East teacher Barb Bruesewitz named ProStart Teacher of the Year