Wauwatosa - The Common Council's Community Development Committee on Tuesday will discuss a proposed ordinance that would establish a process for naming city properties such as buildings, parks and stadiums.
Among other things, the ordinance would require council approval if the donation made for the naming rights would exceed $5,000.
Political and religious organizations, including churches, would be prohibited from purchasing naming rights.
Mayor Jill Didier is trying to sell naming rights to tennis courts and other facilities being renovated at Hart Park.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Meijer opens in Wauwatosa, draws overnight campers in parking lot
- Wauwatosa Relay for Life's fundraising, participation double from last year
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: From a personal quest to a rug store in Tosa
- Meijer to open in Wauwatosa Tuesday
- Fire crews battle flames at Sherwin-Williams paint store (1)
- Wauwatosa police search for armed bank robbery suspect
- Tosa letters to the editor: Destination Imagination
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 6
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Aug. 6
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Aug. 6