Cheryl Berdan was sworn in last night as the newest member of the Wauwatosa Common Council.
On a vote of 10-3, with aldermen Dennis McBride, Linda Nikcevich and Jerry Stepaniak in opposition, she was appointed to fill the 7th District vacancy on the council when Atis Purins resigned in February.
Her appointment remains in affect until April 2010, at which time an election will be held to fill the remaining two years of the term.
Berdan has served on the city's Civic Celebration Committee and organized the Fourth of July parade for the past five years.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa School District creates new mobile app
- Tosa responds to concerns about radiation from water meters
- Authorities release name of 14-year-old drowning victim in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Biz Buzz: July 24, 2014
- Business Notes: July 24, 2014
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 24, 2014 issue
- Wauwatosa police link car thefts to those in Milwaukee County
- Hart Park Senior Center looks for new operator
- Former Wauwatosa priest appears in court after several missed appearances
- News and Notes: July 24, 2014 issue