The process is under way to fill the final vacancy on the Wauwatosa Common Council.
The city clerk is now accepting letters of application and resumes from 8th District residents who would like to be considered for the position of alderman, to fulfill a portion of Craig Maher's unexpired term.
The deadline to submit applications is 5 p.m. Wednesday, May 27, with candidate interviews scheduled to occur Thursday, June 4.
The mayor has appointed a committee of sitting aldermen to conduct the interviews. The following council members have been chosen to serve on the committee: Peter Donegan, Jacqueline Jay, Jill Organ, Don Birschel and Robert Dennik, who was appointed in March to fill the other 8th District seat.
The committee will recommend a candidate for appointment, but the council will need to vote. The new alderman will serve on the council until April 2010 at which time an election will be held for the remaining two years of the term.
Council members are paid $350 per month.
In the past several months, three vacancies have occurred on the council, which is set to vote tonight on a selection committee's recommendation of Cheryl Berdan to fill the vacant 7th District council seat.
- Name revealed of new female giraffe at Milwaukee Co. Zoo
- State Street road work may be the biggest headache this year in Wauwatosa (1)
- Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa law enforcement honors fallen officers during national bike tour (1)
- Wauwatosa alderman calls 1979 parking ordinance 'nitpicky,' looks for change (11)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: May 26
- Wauwatosa News IQ: May 26
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are left-turn signals different at different times?
- Tosa school libraries gear up for fall introduction of 'makerspaces'
- Tosa West's We the People team reflects on nationals, yearly successes