The process is under way to fill the final vacancy on the Wauwatosa Common Council.
The city clerk is now accepting letters of application and resumes from 8th District residents who would like to be considered for the position of alderman, to fulfill a portion of Craig Maher's unexpired term.
The deadline to submit applications is 5 p.m. Wednesday, May 27, with candidate interviews scheduled to occur Thursday, June 4.
The mayor has appointed a committee of sitting aldermen to conduct the interviews. The following council members have been chosen to serve on the committee: Peter Donegan, Jacqueline Jay, Jill Organ, Don Birschel and Robert Dennik, who was appointed in March to fill the other 8th District seat.
The committee will recommend a candidate for appointment, but the council will need to vote. The new alderman will serve on the council until April 2010 at which time an election will be held for the remaining two years of the term.
Council members are paid $350 per month.
In the past several months, three vacancies have occurred on the council, which is set to vote tonight on a selection committee's recommendation of Cheryl Berdan to fill the vacant 7th District council seat.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Senior Commission surveying seniors
- Four similar thefts reported at Wisconsin Lutheran College
- Police Report: Jan. 29
- Meijer to open Wauwatosa store in August
- Wauwatosa committee denies funding request to accelerate Innovation Campus hotel
- Wauwatosa committee recommends e-cigarette restrictions
- Wauwatosa to offer 70 open enrollment seats; no openings through Chapter 220 or special education
- Wauwatosa creating Bicycle and Pedestrian Committee to improve facilities
- Pilgrim Lutheran School celebrates more than its name change since accreditation
- Wauwatosa firefighters union battles run up city's legal bills