Two men, ages 21 and 22, and a 17-year-old boy, all of Milwaukee, were arrested for disorderly conduct after officers heard them mention having a gun at Mayfair Mall on Saturday evening.
According to a Wauwatosa police report:
Security guards overheard the three people arguing outside Macy's and heard several comments about a gun. The older man and boy started making fists and bouncing around like they were going to start boxing. Soon about 15 people had gathered around the pair.
Due to public safety concerns, seven squad cars arrived. Officers tried to get the crowd to disseminate, but no one would listen and the officers threatened to use pepper spray on the group.
Quickly, the older man got on his cell phone and yelled repeatedly, "Get to the car and ditch the gun, the cops are here."
When questioned, officers learned the argument started at the AMC Theater, where the boy was playing dice with the older man's younger brother. The boy lost $300 and accused the brother of cheating. The boy was intoxicated and started yelling threats as the others left, so the older man decided to handle the situation for his brother.
The older man called a friend and told him to meet them at the bus stop with a gun in case the boy would try to make good on his threats.
Officers told security guards they likely thwarted what could have been a much more dangerous incident.
The boy was also arrested for marijuana possession and identify theft after he provided an alias name to police. He was arrested on two warrants with Milwaukee County Sheriff's Department.
No gun was found.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tosa students win Destination Imagination awards
- Celebrate Earth Day by sprucing up Tosa green spaces
- Wauwatosa United Methodist Church make PB&J sandwiches for meal program
- Business loan program use picks up with economy
- Fire Department hopes to start home safety visits
- Police Reports: April 22
- Longfellow Middle School's theater director retires on 'Disney's Little Mermaid, Jr.'
- Reading incentives help prevent 'summer slide' at Wauwatosa East
- Ask NOW: What can be done about pet owners that don't clean up 'droppings'?
- WPA seeking assistant program director