A man was struck in the head with a gun by robbers during a home invasion in the 1300 block of North 63rd Court early Thursday morning.
According to a police report:
The homeowner had fallen asleep on the couch while watching television, but he woke up when he felt a hard hit to his head at 12:30 a.m. Two men were in the home - one was pointing a gun on him, while the other tried to take the flat-panel television off the wall. Then they asked him where he kept items such as a home computer, jewelry and cash.
They ended up taking about $9,000 in items, plus a 2002 Ford Thunderbird, valued at $28,000.
The car had been parked in by a Kia, which the robbers apparently did not believe was worth the effort, because they took the keys and moved the Kia onto the street before they left in the Thunderbird.
The homeowner had blood running down his face when officers arrived, so the Wauwatosa Fire Department was called to treat his minor head wound.
A Milwaukee Police officer found the vehicle parked in the garage of an abandoned house Friday in the area of 33rd and Center streets.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask NOW: Is Currie Dog Park expanding?
- Business Notes: May 16
- Rios appointed to take open Tosa School Board seat
- Wauwatosa preservation panel approves plan for Eschweiler buildings
- Village of Wauwatosa starts work on new signage system
- ANEW offers seniors in need of care options
- Developer drops controversial Village project in Wauwatosa
- Baseball diamond project gets Wauwatosa panel's approval
- News & Notes: May 16
- Local bands compete in Launchpad event