A man was struck in the head with a gun by robbers during a home invasion in the 1300 block of North 63rd Court early Thursday morning.
According to a police report:
The homeowner had fallen asleep on the couch while watching television, but he woke up when he felt a hard hit to his head at 12:30 a.m. Two men were in the home - one was pointing a gun on him, while the other tried to take the flat-panel television off the wall. Then they asked him where he kept items such as a home computer, jewelry and cash.
They ended up taking about $9,000 in items, plus a 2002 Ford Thunderbird, valued at $28,000.
The car had been parked in by a Kia, which the robbers apparently did not believe was worth the effort, because they took the keys and moved the Kia onto the street before they left in the Thunderbird.
The homeowner had blood running down his face when officers arrived, so the Wauwatosa Fire Department was called to treat his minor head wound.
A Milwaukee Police officer found the vehicle parked in the garage of an abandoned house Friday in the area of 33rd and Center streets.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 10
- Menomonee River 14-year-old drowning victim identified
- Comb 'N Shear in Wauwatosa gives personalized service
- Ask Now: Will the city ever collect recyclables on a weekly basis?
- University Lab School may be stuck without a home
- Wauwatosans cheer on one of their own in Tour de France
- Briggs & Stratton moves 370 jobs to Tosa plant
- Weekly Planner: July 17
- Parents push for intermediate Montessori in Wauwatosa