Wauwatosa Mayor Jill Didier on Tuesday introduced her plan for selling bleacher seats at the new, soon-to-be constructed Hart Park stadium as a way to offset project costs.
The Budget and Finance Committee supported the concept and unanimously approved allowing a committee created by the mayor to finalize plan details and start selling the seats, which will likely cost $200 to $250 each.
The project has already received backing from the Wauwatosa East High School athletic booster club, which has formed a team of about a dozen volunteers who will help sell seats.
Because of the tight construction timeframe, seats will need to be sold by mid-July, Didier said.
The stadium is expected to be finished in time for the fall sports season.
- Wauwatosa alderman calls '79 parking ordinance 'nitpicky,' looks for change
- Wauwatosa Meetings: May 26
- Wauwatosa News IQ: May 26
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are left-turn signals different at different times?
- Tosa school libraries gear up for fall introduction of 'makerspaces'
- Tosa West's We the People team reflects on nationals, yearly successes
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: May 26
- Transit officials: proposed BRT system could attract thousands of new riders
- Wauwatosa Business Notes: May 26
- Wauwatosa officer rescues seven ducklings trapped in storm sewer