Wauwatosa Mayor Jill Didier on Tuesday introduced her plan for selling bleacher seats at the new, soon-to-be constructed Hart Park stadium as a way to offset project costs.
The Budget and Finance Committee supported the concept and unanimously approved allowing a committee created by the mayor to finalize plan details and start selling the seats, which will likely cost $200 to $250 each.
The project has already received backing from the Wauwatosa East High School athletic booster club, which has formed a team of about a dozen volunteers who will help sell seats.
Because of the tight construction timeframe, seats will need to be sold by mid-July, Didier said.
The stadium is expected to be finished in time for the fall sports season.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Learning Never Ends boasts new programs
- Therapist suggests making massage priority
- Police Report: April 16
- New electrical substation approved for Wauwatosa medical district
- McBride retains Common Council presidency
- Arté Wine and Painting Studio expands
- News & Notes: April 16
- Swiderski awarded Top Brillion Farm Equipment dealer award
- Battle of the Books challenges kids to stretch their limits
- Ask NOW: When will the lanes on Burleigh Street near Highway 45 be less confusing?