Wauwatosa Mayor Jill Didier on Tuesday introduced her plan for selling bleacher seats at the new, soon-to-be constructed Hart Park stadium as a way to offset project costs.
The Budget and Finance Committee supported the concept and unanimously approved allowing a committee created by the mayor to finalize plan details and start selling the seats, which will likely cost $200 to $250 each.
The project has already received backing from the Wauwatosa East High School athletic booster club, which has formed a team of about a dozen volunteers who will help sell seats.
Because of the tight construction timeframe, seats will need to be sold by mid-July, Didier said.
The stadium is expected to be finished in time for the fall sports season.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Jan. 29
- Wauwatosa offers 'Citizen's Academy' course
- Wauwatosa schools consider largest investment yet in facilities; discuss replacing buildings
- State Street Station in Wauwatosa Village gets preliminary approval
- DOT considering Mayfair Road expansion, acquisitions through Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Village businesses collect food donations for Tosa Cares
- Wauwatosa meetings: Jan. 22
- Wauwatosa West's We The People team advances to the National Finals in Washington, D.C.
- On the Move: Jan. 22
- In Our Schools: Jan. 22