Wauwatosa Mayor Jill Didier on Tuesday introduced her plan for selling bleacher seats at the new, soon-to-be constructed Hart Park stadium as a way to offset project costs.
The Budget and Finance Committee supported the concept and unanimously approved allowing a committee created by the mayor to finalize plan details and start selling the seats, which will likely cost $200 to $250 each.
The project has already received backing from the Wauwatosa East High School athletic booster club, which has formed a team of about a dozen volunteers who will help sell seats.
Because of the tight construction timeframe, seats will need to be sold by mid-July, Didier said.
The stadium is expected to be finished in time for the fall sports season.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In Wauwatosa, 'Coffee with Copd' opens dialogue
- New braille menus at Wauwatosa restaurants ease dining experience for blind customers
- Security officer at San Camillo in Wauwatosa charged in child pornography case
- Author Larson makes Wauwatosa Public Library Leadership luncheon a literary affair
- Speakeasy to replace One Way Cafe in Wauwatosa Village
- Business Spotlight: Empire Fish
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why yield when turning right into my own lane?
- Jackson's Blue Ribbon looks to bring duckpin bowling to Wauwatosa
- No serious injuries reported in rollover crash on Highway 45 at Watertown Plank
- Longtime Wauwatosa resident receives Distinguished Citizen Award