Wauwatosa Mayor Jill Didier on Tuesday introduced her plan for selling bleacher seats at the new, soon-to-be constructed Hart Park stadium as a way to offset project costs.
The Budget and Finance Committee supported the concept and unanimously approved allowing a committee created by the mayor to finalize plan details and start selling the seats, which will likely cost $200 to $250 each.
The project has already received backing from the Wauwatosa East High School athletic booster club, which has formed a team of about a dozen volunteers who will help sell seats.
Because of the tight construction timeframe, seats will need to be sold by mid-July, Didier said.
The stadium is expected to be finished in time for the fall sports season.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Big talk on drugs has macro and micro perspectives at Wauwatosa East
- Wauwatosa library first in state to offer Hoopla video and music streaming
- Ask Now: Why does Aldi have so many handicap parking spaces?
- Change in Hart Park Senior Center management worries some members
- Greenfield School Board might use sale proceeds to possibly improve middle school
- Video: Zoo gorillas bring 'Tarzan' rehearsal to life for Wauwatosa East students
- Wauwatosa Police Report: March 5
- Student in custody for bringing knives to Wauwatosa East High School
- Business Spotlight: Valentine business partners found coffee kept calling them back
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: March 5