Guardrails northbound and southbound at the Swan Boulevard bridge and at the foot of the pedestrian bridge on Harwood Avenue need repairs due to damages from car accidents that occurred during the winter, Public Works Department Director William Kappel said.
The Budget and Finance Committee on April 28 recommended dipping into contingency funds to pay the $12,625 needed to make the repairs.
However, the city may be able to recover about half the funds by filing a claim with one driver's auto insurance provider. The other accidents were hit and runs with no accident reports filed.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa businesses step up to fund baseball fields at Center Street Park
- Mystery Photo Contest: Feb. 11
- Wauwatosa Police Report Jan. 31 - Feb. 6
- In Brief: Feb. 11
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is being done about the smell coming from the Wauwatosa dump?
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Feb. 11
- Business Notes: Feb. 11
- Fat Tuesday: How Wauwatosa celebrated
- Wauwatosa George Webb employee tricked into giving away $1,000
- Tosa officers return to work following police-involved shooting