Guardrails northbound and southbound at the Swan Boulevard bridge and at the foot of the pedestrian bridge on Harwood Avenue need repairs due to damages from car accidents that occurred during the winter, Public Works Department Director William Kappel said.
The Budget and Finance Committee on April 28 recommended dipping into contingency funds to pay the $12,625 needed to make the repairs.
However, the city may be able to recover about half the funds by filing a claim with one driver's auto insurance provider. The other accidents were hit and runs with no accident reports filed.
- 360NOW: Wander Wawatosa's village
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes new female giraffe calf
- Video Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa seeks volunteers for focus groups on city communication
- Area businesses collaborate to create the 'Cranky Sammie' in East Tosa
- District leaders question use of Wauwatosa schools as voting locations (9)
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: May 2
- Moms get free admission to the zoo
- Pathways High alternative school pushes ahead despite adverse response from Wauwatosa schools
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 17-23