Guardrails northbound and southbound at the Swan Boulevard bridge and at the foot of the pedestrian bridge on Harwood Avenue need repairs due to damages from car accidents that occurred during the winter, Public Works Department Director William Kappel said.
The Budget and Finance Committee on April 28 recommended dipping into contingency funds to pay the $12,625 needed to make the repairs.
However, the city may be able to recover about half the funds by filing a claim with one driver's auto insurance provider. The other accidents were hit and runs with no accident reports filed.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Dec. 7
- Business Spotlight: Face time is the best time for photographer Stephanie Bartz
- Business Notes: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa unveils convenient, affordable water online water bill payment options
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa girl scouts help feed the hungry this Thanksgiving
- Ask Now: Why the fancy drain at Hart Park? (2)
- In Brief: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa library announces campaign to give students study space
- In our schools