Guardrails northbound and southbound at the Swan Boulevard bridge and at the foot of the pedestrian bridge on Harwood Avenue need repairs due to damages from car accidents that occurred during the winter, Public Works Department Director William Kappel said.
The Budget and Finance Committee on April 28 recommended dipping into contingency funds to pay the $12,625 needed to make the repairs.
However, the city may be able to recover about half the funds by filing a claim with one driver's auto insurance provider. The other accidents were hit and runs with no accident reports filed.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Police concealing more information due to federal court ruling
- Summer sizzle brings plenty of entertainment to Wauwatosa
- City needs to fund senior center if it has hopes of a future
- Eschweiler preservation saga not over yet in Wauwatosa
- Roosevelt Elementary students place in dance competition
- Police Report: May 23
- Fire department offers lessons on car seat safety
- $100 million in sewer costs loom over Wauwatosa
- Safe Routes to School in Wauwatosa continues to spread word