Four new dog exercise areas will open in Milwaukee County by this summer, the Milwaukee County Parks and Residents for Off-Leash Milwaukee Parks have announced.
The dog exercise areas will open in Estabrook Park, Currie Park, Lake Park and Bay View Park. They will be the first dog exercise areas established within existing Milwaukee County Parks.
"With the new dog exercise areas, the county will provide residents better access to places they can legally exercise their dogs off leash within a designated fenced in area," said Robin Barry, a ROMP spokeswoman.
Work has already begun at Estabrook and will soon start at Currie. The county plans to open the Currie Park dog area by Memorial Day, followed by Estabrook in mid-June, with Lake and Bay View opening shortly after that.
Two dog exercise areas, the Runway and Granville, already exist as stand-alone runs outside of county parks. The county plans to fence in Granville this summer, according to Jeff Baudry, county parks spokesman.
For more information on area dog parks, visit the Animal Magnetism Pet blog at www.jsonline.com/blogs/lifestyle/pets.html.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Power restored to Eisenhower after classes canceled
- Four-story apartment building proposed for Hall Automotive site
- Little Read Book in Wauwatosa has author signing Sunday
- Wauwatosa police say train death was accidental
- Wauwatosa School District to tighten security with added cameras, changed school entrances
- Wauwatosa Senior Center plans November events
- Biz Buz:: New brew at Ray's
- Ask Now: When will 124th Street be reopened?
- Wauwatosa School Board approves 1.43 percent levy reduction
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Oct. 30