A selection committee tonight recommended appointing Wauwatosa resident Cheryl Berdan as 7th District alderwoman.
Berdan has become a familiar face in the city through her work on the Civic Celebration Commission. For the last five years, she has helmed Wauwatosa's Fourth of July parade.
After three rounds of voting, a committee made up of five sitting council members narrowed down the pool of eight candidates to Berdan and Robert Sigrist, a resident who most recently worked as manager of New Berlin's inspections services department. Berdan received three votes compared with two for Sigrist.
The Common Council is scheduled to vote on the appointment at its next meeting at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, May 5.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa East teacher Barb Bruesewitz named ProStart Teacher of the Year
- Wauwatosa Virtual Academy meets diverse need of learners
- Pancake breakfast Sunday will raise money for scholarships
- Soup sampling fundraiser benefits Wauwatosa Woman's Club
- Wauwatosa School Board asks lawmakers to increase public education funding
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Feb. 26
- Wauwatosa health officials say they are prepared to contain measles if it arrives
- Wauwatosa committee recommends denial of Wisconsin Lutheran College parking structure request
- News & Notes: Feb. 26
- In Our Schools: Feb. 26