A selection committee tonight recommended appointing Wauwatosa resident Cheryl Berdan as 7th District alderwoman.
Berdan has become a familiar face in the city through her work on the Civic Celebration Commission. For the last five years, she has helmed Wauwatosa's Fourth of July parade.
After three rounds of voting, a committee made up of five sitting council members narrowed down the pool of eight candidates to Berdan and Robert Sigrist, a resident who most recently worked as manager of New Berlin's inspections services department. Berdan received three votes compared with two for Sigrist.
The Common Council is scheduled to vote on the appointment at its next meeting at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, May 5.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hundreds of Tosa residents experienced short power outage Aug. 27
- Wauwatosa Village valet service tentatively halted on Sundays
- Ask Now: Can parts of Milwaukee get annexed back into Wauwatosa?
- Wauwatosa School District filled a 'typical' 60 jobs this summer (2)
- Monarch advocates celebrate 10th year of releasing butterflies at County Grounds in Wauwatosa
- Disability advocates concerned about lack of housing in Wauwatosa
- Gay Ex-Wauwatosa police officer says she endured years of harassment, gets $77k settlement
- Wauwatosa's Diva Day brings shopping deals and business boosts
- Wauwatosa things to do: August 27
- Suspected pipe bomb draws neighborhood attention in Wauwatosa