A selection committee tonight recommended appointing Wauwatosa resident Cheryl Berdan as 7th District alderwoman.
Berdan has become a familiar face in the city through her work on the Civic Celebration Commission. For the last five years, she has helmed Wauwatosa's Fourth of July parade.
After three rounds of voting, a committee made up of five sitting council members narrowed down the pool of eight candidates to Berdan and Robert Sigrist, a resident who most recently worked as manager of New Berlin's inspections services department. Berdan received three votes compared with two for Sigrist.
The Common Council is scheduled to vote on the appointment at its next meeting at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, May 5.
- Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa law enforcement honors fallen officers during national bike tour
- Wauwatosa alderman calls 1979 parking ordinance 'nitpicky,' looks for change (2)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: May 26
- Wauwatosa News IQ: May 26
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are left-turn signals different at different times?
- Tosa school libraries gear up for fall introduction of 'makerspaces'
- Tosa West's We the People team reflects on nationals, yearly successes
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: May 26
- Transit officials: proposed BRT system could attract thousands of new riders