A selection committee tonight recommended appointing Wauwatosa resident Cheryl Berdan as 7th District alderwoman.
Berdan has become a familiar face in the city through her work on the Civic Celebration Commission. For the last five years, she has helmed Wauwatosa's Fourth of July parade.
After three rounds of voting, a committee made up of five sitting council members narrowed down the pool of eight candidates to Berdan and Robert Sigrist, a resident who most recently worked as manager of New Berlin's inspections services department. Berdan received three votes compared with two for Sigrist.
The Common Council is scheduled to vote on the appointment at its next meeting at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, May 5.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Mayfair parking structure to open tonight
- The Malt Shoppe opens Friday in Wauwatosa
- Taste of the Town: Eddie Martini's remains a classic stop
- Wauwatosa businesses recognized for employing people with disabilities
- Neighbors continue combating Wauwatosa Woman's Club parking proposal (1)
- Wauwatosa's Center Street, lined with schools, could see sidewalks, bike lanes
- Wauwatosa negotiating financial aid for Underwood apartments
- Weekly Planner: Oct. 23
- Tosa East Players perform play-within-a-play in 'Curtains'
- What to expect as Wauwautosa YMCA changes hands