A selection committee tonight recommended appointing Wauwatosa resident Cheryl Berdan as 7th District alderwoman.
Berdan has become a familiar face in the city through her work on the Civic Celebration Commission. For the last five years, she has helmed Wauwatosa's Fourth of July parade.
After three rounds of voting, a committee made up of five sitting council members narrowed down the pool of eight candidates to Berdan and Robert Sigrist, a resident who most recently worked as manager of New Berlin's inspections services department. Berdan received three votes compared with two for Sigrist.
The Common Council is scheduled to vote on the appointment at its next meeting at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, May 5.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Bavaria, relatively new, harkens to the old world
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What can be done to make the Village more pedestrian-friendly?
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: July 30
- Annual 'Tosa's Night Out' is Aug. 4 at Hart Park
- Container Store opens at Mayfair this fall: Container Store opens at Mayfair this fall
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: July 30
- Mayfair holds back-to-school style event
- Tosa police: stealing vehicles to 'joy ride' is new trend among criminals (2)
- Medical College of Wisconsin construction begins Aug. 3
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: July 23, 2015 issue