Scottish Fest/Milwaukee Highland Games, one of the area's oldest ethnic festivals, is moving to a new location.
After many years at Old Heidelberg Park in Glendale, the games will be held from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. June 6 at Wauwatosa's Hart Park, at N. 70th and W. State streets.
Organizers promise an expanded lineup of Scottish-kilted cultural events, everything from massed bagpipe bands to demonstrations by working sheepdogs. The fest's signature caber (telephone pole) tosses will return, along with highland dance competitions and food vendors.
This year may mark the first time ax throwing has hit Hart Park.
Admission is $10 for adults and free for children 10 and younger. For details, go to www.milwaukeehighlandgames.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Power restored to Eisenhower after classes canceled
- Four-story apartment building proposed for Hall Automotive site
- Little Read Book in Wauwatosa has author signing Sunday
- Wauwatosa police say train death was accidental
- Wauwatosa School District to tighten security with added cameras, changed school entrances
- Wauwatosa Senior Center plans November events
- Biz Buz:: New brew at Ray's
- Ask Now: When will 124th Street be reopened?
- Wauwatosa School Board approves 1.43 percent levy reduction
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Oct. 30