Scottish Fest/Milwaukee Highland Games, one of the area's oldest ethnic festivals, is moving to a new location.
After many years at Old Heidelberg Park in Glendale, the games will be held from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. June 6 at Wauwatosa's Hart Park, at N. 70th and W. State streets.
Organizers promise an expanded lineup of Scottish-kilted cultural events, everything from massed bagpipe bands to demonstrations by working sheepdogs. The fest's signature caber (telephone pole) tosses will return, along with highland dance competitions and food vendors.
This year may mark the first time ax throwing has hit Hart Park.
Admission is $10 for adults and free for children 10 and younger. For details, go to www.milwaukeehighlandgames.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Suburban Woman's Club of Wauwatosa awards scholarships to teachers
- Seniors now eligible for free Milwaukee County bus passes
- MMSD bringing Schoonmaker creek above ground near river in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa News IQ: April 16
- Mara is new DBA director of public relations
- In Brief: April 16
- Choice school looks to occupy Wauwatosa building that housed Pius (9)
- Wauwatosa woman accused of falsely claiming ex-husband's death to receive benefits
- Wauwatosa In Our Schools: April 16
- Wauwatosa dry cleaner seeks permission to use former City Market building