Scottish Fest/Milwaukee Highland Games, one of the area's oldest ethnic festivals, is moving to a new location.
After many years at Old Heidelberg Park in Glendale, the games will be held from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. June 6 at Wauwatosa's Hart Park, at N. 70th and W. State streets.
Organizers promise an expanded lineup of Scottish-kilted cultural events, everything from massed bagpipe bands to demonstrations by working sheepdogs. The fest's signature caber (telephone pole) tosses will return, along with highland dance competitions and food vendors.
This year may mark the first time ax throwing has hit Hart Park.
Admission is $10 for adults and free for children 10 and younger. For details, go to www.milwaukeehighlandgames.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: Oct. 8
- In Brief: Nordstrom fundraising; Village streetscaping
- Wauwatosa School Board outlines district development plan (1)
- Proposed Wauwatosa budget would result in lower taxes
- Aurora Health Care plans $35 million improvements at Wauwatosa campus
- In speech at Wauwatosa West, urban farmer Will Allen stresses need for sustainable food systems
- Public invited to Wauwatosa Village streetscape workshop
- Large crowd in Wauwatosa gymnasium discusses coyote attacks, seeks answers (1)
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Oct. 12
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Oct. 8