Scottish Fest/Milwaukee Highland Games, one of the area's oldest ethnic festivals, is moving to a new location.
After many years at Old Heidelberg Park in Glendale, the games will be held from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. June 6 at Wauwatosa's Hart Park, at N. 70th and W. State streets.
Organizers promise an expanded lineup of Scottish-kilted cultural events, everything from massed bagpipe bands to demonstrations by working sheepdogs. The fest's signature caber (telephone pole) tosses will return, along with highland dance competitions and food vendors.
This year may mark the first time ax throwing has hit Hart Park.
Admission is $10 for adults and free for children 10 and younger. For details, go to www.milwaukeehighlandgames.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late-falling leaves a headache for Wauwatosa
- Birschel says he will not run for re-election
- Police: Man slumped over in broken car arrested for OWI
- Ask NOW: What is the purpose of Discovery Parkway?
- Scam perpetrators use identity of local company
- This Week in Tosa History: Dec. 5
- Property tax bills hit mailboxes next week
- Skate park fundraising reaches $240,000
- More than 1,000 go blue for Sebena
- New Swan Blvd. soon to open as Mayfair work ends north of I-94