Scottish Fest/Milwaukee Highland Games, one of the area's oldest ethnic festivals, is moving to a new location.
After many years at Old Heidelberg Park in Glendale, the games will be held from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. June 6 at Wauwatosa's Hart Park, at N. 70th and W. State streets.
Organizers promise an expanded lineup of Scottish-kilted cultural events, everything from massed bagpipe bands to demonstrations by working sheepdogs. The fest's signature caber (telephone pole) tosses will return, along with highland dance competitions and food vendors.
This year may mark the first time ax throwing has hit Hart Park.
Admission is $10 for adults and free for children 10 and younger. For details, go to www.milwaukeehighlandgames.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Business Spotlight: Face time is the best time for photographer Stephanie Bartz
- Business Notes: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa unveils convenient, affordable water online water bill payment options
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa girl scouts help feed the hungry this Thanksgiving
- Ask Now: Why the fancy drain at Hart Park? (2)
- In Brief: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa library announces campaign to give students study space
- In our schools
- Wauwatosa school board hears proposals for new course offerings