An 18-year-old man was arrested for underage drinking and resisting arrest after the Wauwatosa Fire Department was called to a residence in the 1800 block of North 73rd Street at 12:42 a.m. April 11.
According to a Wauwatosa Police report:
The man had hit his head on the edge of a poker table, and he was bleeding. When paramedics arrived, he ran out of the house, and his friends quickly locked the doors and turned off the lights. When officers tried to investigate, the residents did not answer the door or phone. The 18-year-old man said they were not happy with him because he drank six beers on the walk to their house.
The man resisted arrest, so officers used pepper spray on him. He finally settled down when officers said they might have to use a Taser.
The man made suicidal comments and was taken to Milwaukee County Mental Health before being sent to Froedtert Hospital to treat his head laceration.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa offers 'Citizen's Academy' course
- Wauwatosa schools consider largest investment yet in facilities; discuss replacing buildings
- State Street Station in Wauwatosa Village gets preliminary approval
- DOT considering Mayfair Road expansion, acquisitions through Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Village businesses collect food donations for Tosa Cares
- Wauwatosa meetings: Jan. 22
- Wauwatosa West's We The People team advances to the National Finals in Washington, D.C.
- On the Move: Jan. 22
- In Our Schools: Jan. 22
- Ask Now: When will the work be done at Highway 100 and Capitol Drive?