An 18-year-old man was arrested for underage drinking and resisting arrest after the Wauwatosa Fire Department was called to a residence in the 1800 block of North 73rd Street at 12:42 a.m. April 11.
According to a Wauwatosa Police report:
The man had hit his head on the edge of a poker table, and he was bleeding. When paramedics arrived, he ran out of the house, and his friends quickly locked the doors and turned off the lights. When officers tried to investigate, the residents did not answer the door or phone. The 18-year-old man said they were not happy with him because he drank six beers on the walk to their house.
The man resisted arrest, so officers used pepper spray on him. He finally settled down when officers said they might have to use a Taser.
The man made suicidal comments and was taken to Milwaukee County Mental Health before being sent to Froedtert Hospital to treat his head laceration.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late-falling leaves a headache for Wauwatosa
- Birschel says he will not run for re-election
- Police: Man slumped over in broken car arrested for OWI
- Ask NOW: What is the purpose of Discovery Parkway?
- Scam perpetrators use identity of local company
- This Week in Tosa History: Dec. 5
- Property tax bills hit mailboxes next week
- Skate park fundraising reaches $240,000
- More than 1,000 go blue for Sebena
- New Swan Blvd. soon to open as Mayfair work ends north of I-94