Officers typically follow a trail of evidence when investigating a crime. But they did not have to look hard to find the driver of a vehicle that knocked down a concrete light pole April 6.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report, a 34-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for drunken driving after he struck a pole in the 3200 block of Menomonee River Parkway about 9:30 p.m.. The light pole was on the ground with a large puddle of fluids next to it.
The fluid trail led to a heavily leaking vehicle with severe damage parked in a driveway in the 3400 block of 99th Street, where the driver was visiting a friend.
His blood-alcohol content was 0.17.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Construction worker dies in machinery accident at Zoo Interchange project
- Wauwatosa East teacher Barb Bruesewitz named ProStart Teacher of the Year
- Wauwatosa Virtual Academy meets diverse need of learners
- Pancake breakfast Sunday will raise money for scholarships
- Soup sampling fundraiser benefits Wauwatosa Woman's Club
- Wauwatosa School Board asks lawmakers to increase public education funding
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Feb. 26
- Wauwatosa health officials say they are prepared to contain measles if it arrives
- Wauwatosa committee recommends denial of Wisconsin Lutheran College parking structure request
- News & Notes: Feb. 26