Officers typically follow a trail of evidence when investigating a crime. But they did not have to look hard to find the driver of a vehicle that knocked down a concrete light pole April 6.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report, a 34-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for drunken driving after he struck a pole in the 3200 block of Menomonee River Parkway about 9:30 p.m.. The light pole was on the ground with a large puddle of fluids next to it.
The fluid trail led to a heavily leaking vehicle with severe damage parked in a driveway in the 3400 block of 99th Street, where the driver was visiting a friend.
His blood-alcohol content was 0.17.
- Mystery Photo Contest: May 5
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: May 9
- Furniture retailer IKEA reportedly eyeing site in Oak Creek
- Wauwatosa Village streetscape work slotted to begin May 9
- Wauwatosa In Brief: May 5
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 24-30
- In Brief: City seeks volunteers for focus group; seminar can help with advanced care planning
- Wauwatosa students reducing plastic pollution headed to global competition
- Wauwatosa East freshman stands up to sexual assault through Denim Day
- Superhero essay contest winners named, with their essays!