Officers typically follow a trail of evidence when investigating a crime. But they did not have to look hard to find the driver of a vehicle that knocked down a concrete light pole April 6.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report, a 34-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for drunken driving after he struck a pole in the 3200 block of Menomonee River Parkway about 9:30 p.m.. The light pole was on the ground with a large puddle of fluids next to it.
The fluid trail led to a heavily leaking vehicle with severe damage parked in a driveway in the 3400 block of 99th Street, where the driver was visiting a friend.
His blood-alcohol content was 0.17.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Foreign officials take inspiration from Wauwatosa's Innovation Campus
- Wauwatosa council considers resolution opposing UW cuts
- Mount Mary students spruce up Wauwatosa businesses
- Wauwatosa approves athletic field renovation with increased costs
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 12-18
- Wisconsin Lutheran College gains Wauwatosa approval for parking structure, promises to sell houses
- Slinger man charged for posting nude Snapchat photo of Wauwatosa student (2)
- Wauwatosa entreprenuer crowdfunding ice cube dog treats (8)
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: April 23
- Wauwatosa fire chief addresses threat of oil tanker derailment (1)