Officers typically follow a trail of evidence when investigating a crime. But they did not have to look hard to find the driver of a vehicle that knocked down a concrete light pole April 6.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report, a 34-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for drunken driving after he struck a pole in the 3200 block of Menomonee River Parkway about 9:30 p.m.. The light pole was on the ground with a large puddle of fluids next to it.
The fluid trail led to a heavily leaking vehicle with severe damage parked in a driveway in the 3400 block of 99th Street, where the driver was visiting a friend.
His blood-alcohol content was 0.17.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa West student fights through cerebral palsy to earn black belt
- Local pets receive blessing at Tosa Methodist church
- City committee approves TIF terms for Mayfair Road apartments
- Innovation Campus in Wauwatosa draws interest from universities
- Phase 2 Skateshop opens on State Street in Wauwatosa
- Ask Now: Why is toilet paper used in the repair of city streets?
- Weekly Planner: Oct. 2
- East Tosa BID plan rejected
- Man killed in rollover crash on Highway 45 in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Police Reports: Oct. 2