Officers typically follow a trail of evidence when investigating a crime. But they did not have to look hard to find the driver of a vehicle that knocked down a concrete light pole April 6.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report, a 34-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for drunken driving after he struck a pole in the 3200 block of Menomonee River Parkway about 9:30 p.m.. The light pole was on the ground with a large puddle of fluids next to it.
The fluid trail led to a heavily leaking vehicle with severe damage parked in a driveway in the 3400 block of 99th Street, where the driver was visiting a friend.
His blood-alcohol content was 0.17.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Longfellow hosting Wauwatosa's Memorial Day ceremony Monday
- Wauwatosa Police Report: May 10-16 (1)
- Choice school, dry cleaning issues held for more discussion in Wauwatosa
- Ask Now: Why are there so many traffic lights on Highway 100? (2)
- Wauwatosa to take extra step vetting St. Camillus proposal for tallest building in city
- Yellow Wood will bring high-quality outdoors gear to Whitefish Bay
- Medical College plans expansion with demolition of building on Mayfair Road
- Wauwatosa approves conceptual design for pocket park on North Avenue (9)
- Wauwatosa School Board approves raises for teachers, administrators and staff
- Tosa Tonight releases lineup for summer concert series