A 16-year-old Milwaukee girl was apprehended for retail theft after Wauwatosa police found her hiding in an alley garbage can in the 10300 block of West North Avenue on Saturday.
According to a Wauwatosa police report:
Boston Store security personnel had been watching the girl because she had been in the store several times that week, and they were suspicious she had been shoplifting.
Just before noon, she took several items into a fitting room, but walked out without any items. She met two other girls near the exit, but one of them - a 17-year-old from Milwaukee - told her to put back the items - so she fled out of the store with $254 in merchandise. All of the items were damaged when sensors were removed.
The friend who told the 16-year-old not to steal was arrested, too, for trespassing. She had been banned from Mayfair Mall in September 2008 for stealing from Macy's.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23