A 16-year-old Milwaukee girl was apprehended for retail theft after Wauwatosa police found her hiding in an alley garbage can in the 10300 block of West North Avenue on Saturday.
According to a Wauwatosa police report:
Boston Store security personnel had been watching the girl because she had been in the store several times that week, and they were suspicious she had been shoplifting.
Just before noon, she took several items into a fitting room, but walked out without any items. She met two other girls near the exit, but one of them - a 17-year-old from Milwaukee - told her to put back the items - so she fled out of the store with $254 in merchandise. All of the items were damaged when sensors were removed.
The friend who told the 16-year-old not to steal was arrested, too, for trespassing. She had been banned from Mayfair Mall in September 2008 for stealing from Macy's.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Power restored to Eisenhower after classes canceled
- Four-story apartment building proposed for Hall Automotive site
- Little Read Book in Wauwatosa has author signing Sunday
- Wauwatosa police say train death was accidental
- Wauwatosa School District to tighten security with added cameras, changed school entrances
- Wauwatosa Senior Center plans November events
- Biz Buz:: New brew at Ray's
- Ask Now: When will 124th Street be reopened?
- Wauwatosa School Board approves 1.43 percent levy reduction
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Oct. 30