A 16-year-old Milwaukee girl was apprehended for retail theft after Wauwatosa police found her hiding in an alley garbage can in the 10300 block of West North Avenue on Saturday.
According to a Wauwatosa police report:
Boston Store security personnel had been watching the girl because she had been in the store several times that week, and they were suspicious she had been shoplifting.
Just before noon, she took several items into a fitting room, but walked out without any items. She met two other girls near the exit, but one of them - a 17-year-old from Milwaukee - told her to put back the items - so she fled out of the store with $254 in merchandise. All of the items were damaged when sensors were removed.
The friend who told the 16-year-old not to steal was arrested, too, for trespassing. She had been banned from Mayfair Mall in September 2008 for stealing from Macy's.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa students hit same average ACT score as last year
- Wauwatosa health department addresses residents' 'excessive' drinking
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest; Aug. 21
- News and Notes: Aug. 21, 2014 issue
- Construction underway on Hart Park Pavilion
- Wauwatosa pastor defends political speech in federal court case
- Band Blast Off gives beginner musicians a boost
- Terminated Wauwatosa firefighters still fighting for disability benefits
- Ask Now: What's happening with three businesses on North Avenue?
- Wauwatosa columnist Peggy Dean, in her own words