A 32-year-old West Allis woman was arrested for retail theft and habitual crimes after she took $741 in merchandise from the Macy's store at Mayfair Mall at about 1:30 p.m. Saturday.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
She was seen quickly selecting clothing without paying attention to sizes or prices, then grabbing four purses and going into a fitting room. She put a few items back on the racks and then tried to leave the store.
She told officers she had been arrested too many times to count and had been in prison for past retail thefts. While she said she was sorry and that she believed she had some kind of psychological problem that made her steal, she also acted calmly and said she knew it would take more arrests before she was sent back to prison.
She was referred to the district attorney's office.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Longfellow hosting Wauwatosa's Memorial Day ceremony Monday
- Wauwatosa Police Report: May 10-16
- Choice school, dry cleaning issues held for more discussion in Wauwatosa
- Ask Now: Why are there so many traffic lights on Highway 100? (2)
- Wauwatosa to take extra step vetting St. Camillus proposal for tallest building in city
- Yellow Wood will bring high-quality outdoors gear to Whitefish Bay
- Medical College plans expansion with demolition of building on Mayfair Road
- Wauwatosa approves conceptual design for pocket park on North Avenue (8)
- Wauwatosa School Board approves raises for teachers, administrators and staff
- Tosa Tonight releases lineup for summer concert series