A 32-year-old West Allis woman was arrested for retail theft and habitual crimes after she took $741 in merchandise from the Macy's store at Mayfair Mall at about 1:30 p.m. Saturday.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
She was seen quickly selecting clothing without paying attention to sizes or prices, then grabbing four purses and going into a fitting room. She put a few items back on the racks and then tried to leave the store.
She told officers she had been arrested too many times to count and had been in prison for past retail thefts. While she said she was sorry and that she believed she had some kind of psychological problem that made her steal, she also acted calmly and said she knew it would take more arrests before she was sent back to prison.
She was referred to the district attorney's office.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa School District creates new mobile app
- Tosa responds to concerns about radiation from water meters
- Authorities release name of 14-year-old drowning victim in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Biz Buzz: July 24, 2014
- Business Notes: July 24, 2014
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 24, 2014 issue
- Wauwatosa police link car thefts to those in Milwaukee County
- Hart Park Senior Center looks for new operator
- Former Wauwatosa priest appears in court after several missed appearances
- News and Notes: July 24, 2014 issue