A 32-year-old West Allis woman was arrested for retail theft and habitual crimes after she took $741 in merchandise from the Macy's store at Mayfair Mall at about 1:30 p.m. Saturday.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
She was seen quickly selecting clothing without paying attention to sizes or prices, then grabbing four purses and going into a fitting room. She put a few items back on the racks and then tried to leave the store.
She told officers she had been arrested too many times to count and had been in prison for past retail thefts. While she said she was sorry and that she believed she had some kind of psychological problem that made her steal, she also acted calmly and said she knew it would take more arrests before she was sent back to prison.
She was referred to the district attorney's office.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Platinum Salon relies on intimate, family vibe
- Container Store to open Mayfair location
- Glider shootoff reinforces Physics of Flight lessons
- Join Wauwatosa NOW on Facebook
- Ask NOW: Can I turn right on red over railroad tracks?
- New ID checks in place at Tosa West High
- School district to benefit from the closure of a TIF
- News & Notes: Dec. 18
- In Our Schools: Dec. 19
- Police Report: Dec. 18