A 55-year-old Wauwatosa man was arrested twice in last week for prowling in residential areas.
The man lives in a local unsupervised group home for the mentally disabled and he has been told on seven occasions since February not to peep in windows or try entering people's homes and garages.
According to Wauwatosa Police Department reports:
On April 5, he tried to enter the rear door of a residence in the 600 block of Crescent Court at 10:30 a.m. The homeowner scared the man off, but she watched as he walked through yards and tried to open doors in the 6800 block of Blue Mound Road.
On Saturday, he went into an open garage, then tried to open a door at a residence in the 6700 block of Blue Mound Road. The homeowner said she has seen him trying to enter properties many times and on this day watched as he checked out several neighboring residences.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wellness fair promotes healthy lifestyle among Wilson Elementary students
- In Our Schools: March 6
- Police Report: March 6
- Change aims for user-friendly government
- Ask NOW: When will North Avenue traffic signals be improved?
- Common Council reconsiders smartphone stipend
- Audit exposes weaknesses in school district's special ed program
- City's private/public agency dies quietly
- City Administrator Archambo gets 3-year deal that will take him to $150,000