Wauwatosa - The 155-year-old Little Red Store - over the years it has operated as a general store, railroad depot, library, harness shop and more - is newly renovated, and several events are planned in celebration.
The first of what is planned as an annual Little Red Ride, a family-oriented bicycle ride, is set for May 2 and begins three days of celebration.
For details, see the site of the Wauwatosa Historical Society.
The store, at 7720 Harwood Ave., is Wauwatosa's oldest commercial building. According to the historical society, prior to the store's renovation, it was listed as one of the state's most endangered properties by the Wisconsin Trust for Historic Preservation.
- Video: Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa endorses bus rapid transit route, more approvals needed (3)
- Wauwatosa officer fatally shoots man at Madison Park
- Wauwatosa Public Library announces list of summer events
- Blood drives scheduled for Milwaukee County during month of July
- Two lanes on Wauwatosa's Harmonee Bridge to close Thursday
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes baby harbor seal, bonobo
- East Tosa Gran Prix returns to Wauwatosa June 26
- Hidden Tosa: Inside the Wauwatosa Police Department
- What's going on with the abandoned building at Menomonee River Parkway and Harmonee Avenue?