Wauwatosa - The 155-year-old Little Red Store - over the years it has operated as a general store, railroad depot, library, harness shop and more - is newly renovated, and several events are planned in celebration.
The first of what is planned as an annual Little Red Ride, a family-oriented bicycle ride, is set for May 2 and begins three days of celebration.
For details, see the site of the Wauwatosa Historical Society.
The store, at 7720 Harwood Ave., is Wauwatosa's oldest commercial building. According to the historical society, prior to the store's renovation, it was listed as one of the state's most endangered properties by the Wisconsin Trust for Historic Preservation.
- Name revealed of new female giraffe at Milwaukee Co. Zoo
- State Street road work may be the biggest headache this year in Wauwatosa (1)
- Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa law enforcement honors fallen officers during national bike tour (1)
- Wauwatosa alderman calls 1979 parking ordinance 'nitpicky,' looks for change (11)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: May 26
- Wauwatosa News IQ: May 26
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are left-turn signals different at different times?
- Tosa school libraries gear up for fall introduction of 'makerspaces'
- Tosa West's We the People team reflects on nationals, yearly successes