Wauwatosa - The 155-year-old Little Red Store - over the years it has operated as a general store, railroad depot, library, harness shop and more - is newly renovated, and several events are planned in celebration.
The first of what is planned as an annual Little Red Ride, a family-oriented bicycle ride, is set for May 2 and begins three days of celebration.
For details, see the site of the Wauwatosa Historical Society.
The store, at 7720 Harwood Ave., is Wauwatosa's oldest commercial building. According to the historical society, prior to the store's renovation, it was listed as one of the state's most endangered properties by the Wisconsin Trust for Historic Preservation.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Dec. 7
- Business Spotlight: Face time is the best time for photographer Stephanie Bartz
- Business Notes: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa unveils convenient, affordable water online water bill payment options
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa girl scouts help feed the hungry this Thanksgiving
- Ask Now: Why the fancy drain at Hart Park? (2)
- In Brief: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa library announces campaign to give students study space
- In our schools