Wauwatosa - The 155-year-old Little Red Store - over the years it has operated as a general store, railroad depot, library, harness shop and more - is newly renovated, and several events are planned in celebration.
The first of what is planned as an annual Little Red Ride, a family-oriented bicycle ride, is set for May 2 and begins three days of celebration.
For details, see the site of the Wauwatosa Historical Society.
The store, at 7720 Harwood Ave., is Wauwatosa's oldest commercial building. According to the historical society, prior to the store's renovation, it was listed as one of the state's most endangered properties by the Wisconsin Trust for Historic Preservation.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Authorities release name of 14-year-old drowning victim in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Biz Buzz: July 24, 2014
- Business Notes: July 24, 2014
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 24, 2014 issue
- Wauwatosa police link car thefts to those in Milwaukee County
- Hart Park Senior Center looks for new operator
- Former Wauwatosa priest appears in court after several missed appearances
- News and Notes: July 24, 2014 issue
- In brief: July 24, 2014
- Numbers peak for Wauwatosa summer school enrollment, programs