A 47-year-old West Allis man with seven drunken-driving arrests on his record was arrested again Tuesday. This time he was drunk, but he was looking for a designated driver, according to a Wauwatosa police report.
Also according to the report:
An officer saw the man walking in the street at Glenview Avenue and Blue Mound Road just after midnight. The man was approaching vehicles and asking for a ride with his thumb hitched. When he saw the officer, he quickly returned to the roadside.
The man smelled of alcohol and had a cut on his forehead. He said he was cold and looking for a ride home.
He was arrested for disorderly conduct and violating his probation by drinking alcohol.
He resisted arrest and refused to cooperate with officers' questions. During booking at the Milwaukee County Justice Facility, he mentioned killing the officers.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- J. Crew Mercantile to open store at The Mayfair Collection (1)
- Art gallery featuring work of at-risk youth opens in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Aug. 3
- Wednesday house fire causes $100,000 in damage to Tosa home
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: July 30
- In Brief: July 30
- Streetscape project moves to Tosa's Common Council (2)
- Wauwatosa woman believed to be oldest in state
- A Wauwatosa artist's unique work will be on display at the Firefly Art Fair
- First Responders Fest "humbling" for Wauwatosa's emergency crew leaders