A 47-year-old West Allis man with seven drunken-driving arrests on his record was arrested again Tuesday. This time he was drunk, but he was looking for a designated driver, according to a Wauwatosa police report.
Also according to the report:
An officer saw the man walking in the street at Glenview Avenue and Blue Mound Road just after midnight. The man was approaching vehicles and asking for a ride with his thumb hitched. When he saw the officer, he quickly returned to the roadside.
The man smelled of alcohol and had a cut on his forehead. He said he was cold and looking for a ride home.
He was arrested for disorderly conduct and violating his probation by drinking alcohol.
He resisted arrest and refused to cooperate with officers' questions. During booking at the Milwaukee County Justice Facility, he mentioned killing the officers.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa students hit same average ACT score as last year
- Wauwatosa health department addresses residents' 'excessive' drinking
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest; Aug. 21
- News and Notes: Aug. 21, 2014 issue
- Construction underway on Hart Park Pavilion
- Wauwatosa pastor defends political speech in federal court case
- Band Blast Off gives beginner musicians a boost
- Terminated Wauwatosa firefighters still fighting for disability benefits
- Ask Now: What's happening with three businesses on North Avenue?
- Wauwatosa columnist Peggy Dean, in her own words