Eight Wauwatosa residents have submitted applications to represent the 7th District and fill the Common Council seat left vacant by Atis Purins in February.
The following information about the candidates was taken from their applications.
• Cheryl Berdan works as a receptionist at Milwaukee County Courthouse. She serves on the Civic Celebration Commission, heading up the city's Fourth of July parade.
• Peter Hart works as a finance manager for Morris Material Handling. He also volunteers as a scoutmaster.
• John Kastl, a retired naval commander, has a legal practice. He also serves as co-chair of master gardener's butterfly habitat at Milwaukee County Zoo.
• Rob Krohlow works as an insurance agent with Horton Group.
• Timothy Nolan, retired from the U.S. Naval Reserves, works as a case manager for DC Workfinders.
• Bryan Olen works as assistant vice president of facilities and real estate for WaterStone Bank. Previously, he served on the Cudahy School Board and Cudahy Common Council.
• Kristin Pelot works as a medical social worker at Aurora St. Luke's Hospital.
• Robert Sigrist most recently worked as manager of New Berlin's inspections services department, a position that was cut in the city's last budget. He has served on Wauwatosa's Design Review Board.
A selection committee appointed by Mayor Jill Didier will interview candidates Wednesday, April 22.
The appointment would remain in effect until April 2010, at which time the person would have to run for election to complete the balance of the term that ends April 2012. Pay is $350 per month.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Changes coming to Wauwatosa Village: The Flower Lady finds new home
- Bryant & Stratton College offers new nursing program at Tosa campus
- KFC in Wauwatosa robbed Wednesday morning, suspect still unknown (1)
- Wauwatosa businesses step up to fund baseball fields at Center Street Park (1)
- Mystery Photo Contest: Feb. 11
- Wauwatosa Police Report Jan. 31 - Feb. 6
- In Brief: Feb. 11
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is being done about the smell coming from the Wauwatosa dump?
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Feb. 11
- Business Notes: Feb. 11