Incumbent Alderwoman Jill Organ will retain her seat representing the 4th District on Wauwatosa’s Common Council.
She received 655 votes - 53 percent of the votes cast - while challenger John Hallanger garnered 573, or 47 percent.
Organ won a one-year term on the council; she was appointed to fill the vacancy created when Jill Didier became Wauwatosa’s mayor last year and will finish out Didier's term.
An election will be held next April to fill the seat for a full term.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tosa students win Destination Imagination awards
- Celebrate Earth Day by sprucing up Tosa green spaces
- Wauwatosa United Methodist Church make PB&J sandwiches for meal program
- Business loan program use picks up with economy
- Fire Department hopes to start home safety visits
- Police Reports: April 22
- Longfellow Middle School's theater director retires on 'Disney's Little Mermaid, Jr.'
- Reading incentives help prevent 'summer slide' at Wauwatosa East
- Ask NOW: What can be done about pet owners that don't clean up 'droppings'?
- WPA seeking assistant program director