Incumbent Alderwoman Jill Organ will retain her seat representing the 4th District on Wauwatosa’s Common Council.
She received 655 votes - 53 percent of the votes cast - while challenger John Hallanger garnered 573, or 47 percent.
Organ won a one-year term on the council; she was appointed to fill the vacancy created when Jill Didier became Wauwatosa’s mayor last year and will finish out Didier's term.
An election will be held next April to fill the seat for a full term.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Summer sizzle brings plenty of entertainment to Wauwatosa
- City needs to fund senior center if it has hopes of a future
- Eschweiler preservation saga not over yet in Wauwatosa
- Roosevelt Elementary students place in dance competition
- Police Report: May 23
- Fire department offers lessons on car seat safety
- $100 million in sewer costs loom over Wauwatosa
- Safe Routes to School in Wauwatosa continues to spread word
- Mayfair, Mayfair Collections in Wauwatosa seen as complements, not competitors