Incumbent Alderwoman Jill Organ will retain her seat representing the 4th District on Wauwatosa’s Common Council.
She received 655 votes - 53 percent of the votes cast - while challenger John Hallanger garnered 573, or 47 percent.
Organ won a one-year term on the council; she was appointed to fill the vacancy created when Jill Didier became Wauwatosa’s mayor last year and will finish out Didier's term.
An election will be held next April to fill the seat for a full term.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Learning Never Ends boasts new programs
- Therapist suggests making massage priority
- Police Report: April 16
- New electrical substation approved for Wauwatosa medical district
- McBride retains Common Council presidency
- Arté Wine and Painting Studio expands
- News & Notes: April 16
- Swiderski awarded Top Brillion Farm Equipment dealer award
- Battle of the Books challenges kids to stretch their limits
- Ask NOW: When will the lanes on Burleigh Street near Highway 45 be less confusing?