Incumbent Alderwoman Jill Organ will retain her seat representing the 4th District on Wauwatosa’s Common Council.
She received 655 votes - 53 percent of the votes cast - while challenger John Hallanger garnered 573, or 47 percent.
Organ won a one-year term on the council; she was appointed to fill the vacancy created when Jill Didier became Wauwatosa’s mayor last year and will finish out Didier's term.
An election will be held next April to fill the seat for a full term.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Suburban Woman's Club of Wauwatosa awards scholarships to teachers
- Seniors now eligible for free Milwaukee County bus passes
- MMSD bringing Schoonmaker creek above ground near river in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa News IQ: April 16
- Mara is new DBA director of public relations
- In Brief: April 16
- Choice school looks to occupy Wauwatosa building that housed Pius (7)
- Wauwatosa woman accused of falsely claiming ex-husband's death to receive benefits
- Wauwatosa In Our Schools: April 16
- Wauwatosa dry cleaner seeks permission to use former City Market building