Incumbent Alderwoman Jill Organ will retain her seat representing the 4th District on Wauwatosa’s Common Council.
She received 655 votes - 53 percent of the votes cast - while challenger John Hallanger garnered 573, or 47 percent.
Organ won a one-year term on the council; she was appointed to fill the vacancy created when Jill Didier became Wauwatosa’s mayor last year and will finish out Didier's term.
An election will be held next April to fill the seat for a full term.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Not just a class, but an adventure
- Decision on Mayfair apartment proposal delayed by Wauwatosa plan panel
- Ask NOW: Why all the yellow flags on Wisconsin Avenue in Wauwatosa?
- News & Notes: Dec. 11
- Plumber dragged as he tries to stop tool thieves outside Wauwatosa Home Depot
- Man arrested for exposing himself to woman in Wauwatosa
- Police Report: Dec. 11
- Wauwatosa schedules North Avenue repaving project for summer
- Wauwatosa presents new teacher pay plan
- Wauwatosa School Board honors 11 staff employees for exemplary service