Wauwatosa's Common Council tonight voted to accept a $4.2 million bid to improve the athletic facilities at Hart Park.
Triad Construction of Milwaukee turned in the lowest of the three bids received by the April 2 deadline. The bid came in about $12,000 below the amount budgeted for the project.
Plans call for a new football stadium with synthetic turf, tennis courts and a track. Work is expected to begin later this month and be completed by the start of the fall sports season in August.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Zoo Interchange ramp closing March 26-April 2
- Wauwatiki plans to bring Caribbean cuisine, cocktails to East Tosa
- Student writing contest entries due today
- Wauwatosa East students reeling from teacher's sudden resignation
- Wauwatosans lobby lawmakers for public education funding
- Wauwatosa police warn residents about buying fake iPhones
- Education Foundation of Wauwatosa donates $69,784 to district in 8 grants
- Washington Ranks among Healthier Counties in Wisconsin's Health Rankings
- Ask Now: Why is there only one westbound Watertown Plank Road lane leading to Highway 45 ramps?
- Cattywampus upcycling store in Wauwatosa makes vintage decor modern