Wauwatosa's Common Council tonight voted to accept a $4.2 million bid to improve the athletic facilities at Hart Park.
Triad Construction of Milwaukee turned in the lowest of the three bids received by the April 2 deadline. The bid came in about $12,000 below the amount budgeted for the project.
Plans call for a new football stadium with synthetic turf, tennis courts and a track. Work is expected to begin later this month and be completed by the start of the fall sports season in August.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Longfellow hosting Wauwatosa's Memorial Day ceremony Monday
- Wauwatosa Police Report: May 10-16 (1)
- Choice school, dry cleaning issues held for more discussion in Wauwatosa
- Ask Now: Why are there so many traffic lights on Highway 100? (2)
- Wauwatosa to take extra step vetting St. Camillus proposal for tallest building in city
- Yellow Wood will bring high-quality outdoors gear to Whitefish Bay
- Medical College plans expansion with demolition of building on Mayfair Road
- Wauwatosa approves conceptual design for pocket park on North Avenue (8)
- Wauwatosa School Board approves raises for teachers, administrators and staff
- Tosa Tonight releases lineup for summer concert series