Wauwatosa's Common Council tonight voted to accept a $4.2 million bid to improve the athletic facilities at Hart Park.
Triad Construction of Milwaukee turned in the lowest of the three bids received by the April 2 deadline. The bid came in about $12,000 below the amount budgeted for the project.
Plans call for a new football stadium with synthetic turf, tennis courts and a track. Work is expected to begin later this month and be completed by the start of the fall sports season in August.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask NOW: Is Currie Dog Park expanding?
- Business Notes: May 16
- Rios appointed to take open Tosa School Board seat
- Wauwatosa preservation panel approves plan for Eschweiler buildings
- Village of Wauwatosa starts work on new signage system
- ANEW offers seniors in need of care options
- Developer drops controversial Village project in Wauwatosa
- Baseball diamond project gets Wauwatosa panel's approval
- News & Notes: May 16
- Local bands compete in Launchpad event