Wauwatosa's Common Council tonight voted to accept a $4.2 million bid to improve the athletic facilities at Hart Park.
Triad Construction of Milwaukee turned in the lowest of the three bids received by the April 2 deadline. The bid came in about $12,000 below the amount budgeted for the project.
Plans call for a new football stadium with synthetic turf, tennis courts and a track. Work is expected to begin later this month and be completed by the start of the fall sports season in August.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: What's happening with three businesses on North Avenue?
- Wauwatosa columnist Peggy Dean, in her own words
- Man arrested for heroin possession at Best Buy in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa business Not Just Nuts closed after owner's death
- Wauwatosa's Montessori school will expand to serve middle-school grades
- Not Just Nuts closed, building owner looking for new tenant
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Aug. 21
- Artificial turf installed at Wauwatosa's Whitman Middle School soccer field
- Biz Buzz: Phase 2 Skateshop; Twirly Birds
- Twirly Birds vintage and hand-craft store moves to Waukesha