State Street will be closed to through traffic between 60th and 68th streets beginning this week to allow for paving and utility work.
Traffic will be detoured onto 68th Street and Blue Mound and Hawley roads, then redirected to State Street. For access to residences and businesses within the work zone, local traffic will be permitted during the majority of project.
Work is expected to be completed by Aug. 1.
For project updates, call the city's construction hotline at (414) 479-8987.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Police say train accident was 'apparent suicide' by Oak Creek man
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Aug. 28
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is parking allowed on both sides of Menomonee River Parkway?
- New associate principals at Wauwatosa East High School come from Milwaukee, Waukesha
- Tajikistan visit expands outlook on food sources and heritage for Wauwatosa West students
- New school year for the Wauwatosa School District brings new standards, evaluations and projects
- Ronald McDonald House in Wauwatosa to double number of families it serves
- Germantown district pursues personalized learning options
- Former Wauwatosa priest pleads not guilty to embezzlement charges
- New principal at Lincoln Elementary vows to help students find their 'spark'