State Street will be closed to through traffic between 60th and 68th streets beginning this week to allow for paving and utility work.
Traffic will be detoured onto 68th Street and Blue Mound and Hawley roads, then redirected to State Street. For access to residences and businesses within the work zone, local traffic will be permitted during the majority of project.
Work is expected to be completed by Aug. 1.
For project updates, call the city's construction hotline at (414) 479-8987.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Learning Never Ends boasts new programs
- Therapist suggests making massage priority
- Police Report: April 16
- New electrical substation approved for Wauwatosa medical district
- McBride retains Common Council presidency
- Arté Wine and Painting Studio expands
- News & Notes: April 16
- Swiderski awarded Top Brillion Farm Equipment dealer award
- Battle of the Books challenges kids to stretch their limits
- Ask NOW: When will the lanes on Burleigh Street near Highway 45 be less confusing?