State Street will be closed to through traffic between 60th and 68th streets beginning this week to allow for paving and utility work.
Traffic will be detoured onto 68th Street and Blue Mound and Hawley roads, then redirected to State Street. For access to residences and businesses within the work zone, local traffic will be permitted during the majority of project.
Work is expected to be completed by Aug. 1.
For project updates, call the city's construction hotline at (414) 479-8987.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Suburban Woman's Club of Wauwatosa awards scholarships to teachers
- Seniors now eligible for free Milwaukee County bus passes
- MMSD bringing Schoonmaker creek above ground near river in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa News IQ: April 16
- Mara is new DBA director of public relations
- In Brief: April 16
- Choice school looks to occupy Wauwatosa building that housed Pius (9)
- Wauwatosa woman accused of falsely claiming ex-husband's death to receive benefits
- Wauwatosa In Our Schools: April 16
- Wauwatosa dry cleaner seeks permission to use former City Market building