State Street will be closed to through traffic between 60th and 68th streets beginning this week to allow for paving and utility work.
Traffic will be detoured onto 68th Street and Blue Mound and Hawley roads, then redirected to State Street. For access to residences and businesses within the work zone, local traffic will be permitted during the majority of project.
Work is expected to be completed by Aug. 1.
For project updates, call the city's construction hotline at (414) 479-8987.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- DA's office will not bring criminal charges against officers who shot and killed man with sword (1)
- Mayfair mall, Susan G. Komen host series of breast cancer events
- Wauwatosa schools celebrate Walk to School Day on Oct. 7
- Wauwatosa Fire Department earns accreditation, and is now more data-driven than ever
- A tour of homes with a flavor of architecture and history
- Wauwatosa West High School homecoming is student-run this year
- Tosa Farmers Market pushes for end-of-year attendance
- In brief: author chat, budget talks, spring election
- Wauwatosa School Board approves superintendent's new contract, salary
- Wauwatosa News IQ: Oct. 1