Two armed robbers tied up the owner of Bluemound Gardens so they could clear out the safe Saturday night.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
The owner of the restaurant and banquet hall was entering his office about 11:10 p.m., when he heard a door open to the banquet hall, 11703 W. Blue Mound Road. Two men wearing pantyhose over their heads and guns in their hands started running toward him.
The men pushed the owner into his office and held his head down so he could not look at them. One of the men tried to turn off the video security equipment, while the other took out a knife.
After rummaging through the pile of papers on the owner's desk, they ordered him to open the safe. They took his glasses, cell phone and wallet, tied his hands behind his back with tulle - a fine netting used for decorating the banquet hall - and gagged him with a shirt before fleeing.
The owner waited a few minutes before going upstairs and getting an employee to cut his hands free.
Police continue to investigate the incident.
The restaurant owner was not available for comment.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa elementary schools 'rich' with world language study
- Carmelite Home for Boys in Wauwatosa makes lasting impressions on local boys' lives
- Wauwatosa City Administrator Archambo gives an update on city's strategic plan
- New UWM chancellor is high on Wauwatosa's Innovation Campus
- Mary Linsmeier School closes in Wauwatosa after 50 years
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Dec. 18
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Dec. 18
- Older adults mutually gain from tutoring Milwaukee Public School students
- Wauwatosa Public Library kicks off new writing program
- Wauwatosa's Kathy's House sees rising demand for hospital hospitality