Two armed robbers tied up the owner of Bluemound Gardens so they could clear out the safe Saturday night.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
The owner of the restaurant and banquet hall was entering his office about 11:10 p.m., when he heard a door open to the banquet hall, 11703 W. Blue Mound Road. Two men wearing pantyhose over their heads and guns in their hands started running toward him.
The men pushed the owner into his office and held his head down so he could not look at them. One of the men tried to turn off the video security equipment, while the other took out a knife.
After rummaging through the pile of papers on the owner's desk, they ordered him to open the safe. They took his glasses, cell phone and wallet, tied his hands behind his back with tulle - a fine netting used for decorating the banquet hall - and gagged him with a shirt before fleeing.
The owner waited a few minutes before going upstairs and getting an employee to cut his hands free.
Police continue to investigate the incident.
The restaurant owner was not available for comment.
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomo
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Aug. 1
- Store owners, police weigh in on string of protests at Mayfair mall (20)
- Our newspaper website is changing
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: July 28