Two armed robbers tied up the owner of Bluemound Gardens so they could clear out the safe Saturday night.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
The owner of the restaurant and banquet hall was entering his office about 11:10 p.m., when he heard a door open to the banquet hall, 11703 W. Blue Mound Road. Two men wearing pantyhose over their heads and guns in their hands started running toward him.
The men pushed the owner into his office and held his head down so he could not look at them. One of the men tried to turn off the video security equipment, while the other took out a knife.
After rummaging through the pile of papers on the owner's desk, they ordered him to open the safe. They took his glasses, cell phone and wallet, tied his hands behind his back with tulle - a fine netting used for decorating the banquet hall - and gagged him with a shirt before fleeing.
The owner waited a few minutes before going upstairs and getting an employee to cut his hands free.
Police continue to investigate the incident.
The restaurant owner was not available for comment.
- Video: Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa endorses bus rapid transit route, more approvals needed (2)
- Wauwatosa officer fatally shoots man at Madison Park
- Wauwatosa Public Library announces list of summer events
- Blood drives scheduled for Milwaukee County during month of July
- Two lanes on Wauwatosa's Harmonee Bridge to close Thursday
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes baby harbor seal, bonobo
- East Tosa Gran Prix returns to Wauwatosa June 26
- Hidden Tosa: Inside the Wauwatosa Police Department
- What's going on with the abandoned building at Menomonee River Parkway and Harmonee Avenue?