A 50-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for his fourth drunken-driving offense in the 2500 block of Wauwatosa Avenue at 2:42 a.m. Friday.
However, the Milwaukee County District Attorney is looking into whether the incident is actually his fifth offense. A background search shows he may have been charged with an out-of-state violation.
According to a Wauwatosa Police report:
The man was pulled over because he was driving without his vehicle's headlights. He had no license with him and refused to submit to blood-alcohol tests.
He is being held at the Milwaukee County Criminal Justice Facility because he is in violation of probation with the Wisconsin Department of Correction.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask NOW: Will "The 2100?" ever be built?
- Kids dig into nature at Camp Arrowhead
- I-94 closure 'smooth as could be'
- Residents seek ideas for changes at Center Street Park
- Wauwatosa honors first responders
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 10
- Menomonee River 14-year-old drowning victim identified
- Comb 'N Shear in Wauwatosa gives personalized service
- Ask Now: Will the city ever collect recyclables on a weekly basis?