A 50-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for his fourth drunken-driving offense in the 2500 block of Wauwatosa Avenue at 2:42 a.m. Friday.
However, the Milwaukee County District Attorney is looking into whether the incident is actually his fifth offense. A background search shows he may have been charged with an out-of-state violation.
According to a Wauwatosa Police report:
The man was pulled over because he was driving without his vehicle's headlights. He had no license with him and refused to submit to blood-alcohol tests.
He is being held at the Milwaukee County Criminal Justice Facility because he is in violation of probation with the Wisconsin Department of Correction.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Business loan program use picks up with economy
- Fire Department hopes to start home safety visits
- Police Reports: April 22
- Longfellow Middle School's theater director retires on 'Disney's Little Mermaid, Jr.'
- Reading incentives help prevent 'summer slide' at Wauwatosa East
- Ask NOW: What can be done about pet owners that don't clean up 'droppings'?
- WPA seeking assistant program director
- In Our Schools: April 24
- Learning Never Ends boasts new programs
- Therapist suggests making massage priority