A 50-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for his fourth drunken-driving offense in the 2500 block of Wauwatosa Avenue at 2:42 a.m. Friday.
However, the Milwaukee County District Attorney is looking into whether the incident is actually his fifth offense. A background search shows he may have been charged with an out-of-state violation.
According to a Wauwatosa Police report:
The man was pulled over because he was driving without his vehicle's headlights. He had no license with him and refused to submit to blood-alcohol tests.
He is being held at the Milwaukee County Criminal Justice Facility because he is in violation of probation with the Wisconsin Department of Correction.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wellness fair promotes healthy lifestyle among Wilson Elementary students
- In Our Schools: March 6
- Police Report: March 6
- Change aims for user-friendly government
- Ask NOW: When will North Avenue traffic signals be improved?
- Common Council reconsiders smartphone stipend
- Audit exposes weaknesses in school district's special ed program
- City's private/public agency dies quietly
- City Administrator Archambo gets 3-year deal that will take him to $150,000