A 50-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for his fourth drunken-driving offense in the 2500 block of Wauwatosa Avenue at 2:42 a.m. Friday.
However, the Milwaukee County District Attorney is looking into whether the incident is actually his fifth offense. A background search shows he may have been charged with an out-of-state violation.
According to a Wauwatosa Police report:
The man was pulled over because he was driving without his vehicle's headlights. He had no license with him and refused to submit to blood-alcohol tests.
He is being held at the Milwaukee County Criminal Justice Facility because he is in violation of probation with the Wisconsin Department of Correction.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late-falling leaves a headache for Wauwatosa
- Birschel says he will not run for re-election
- Police: Man slumped over in broken car arrested for OWI
- Ask NOW: What is the purpose of Discovery Parkway?
- Scam perpetrators use identity of local company
- This Week in Tosa History: Dec. 5
- Property tax bills hit mailboxes next week
- Skate park fundraising reaches $240,000
- More than 1,000 go blue for Sebena
- New Swan Blvd. soon to open as Mayfair work ends north of I-94