A 50-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for his fourth drunken-driving offense in the 2500 block of Wauwatosa Avenue at 2:42 a.m. Friday.
However, the Milwaukee County District Attorney is looking into whether the incident is actually his fifth offense. A background search shows he may have been charged with an out-of-state violation.
According to a Wauwatosa Police report:
The man was pulled over because he was driving without his vehicle's headlights. He had no license with him and refused to submit to blood-alcohol tests.
He is being held at the Milwaukee County Criminal Justice Facility because he is in violation of probation with the Wisconsin Department of Correction.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Suburban Woman's Club of Wauwatosa awards scholarships to teachers
- Seniors now eligible for free Milwaukee County bus passes
- MMSD bringing Schoonmaker creek above ground near river in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa News IQ: April 16
- Mara is new DBA director of public relations
- In Brief: April 16
- Choice school looks to occupy Wauwatosa building that housed Pius (9)
- Wauwatosa woman accused of falsely claiming ex-husband's death to receive benefits
- Wauwatosa In Our Schools: April 16
- Wauwatosa dry cleaner seeks permission to use former City Market building