A woman was hit on the head with a gun in the 7200 block of West State Street during an attempted armed robbery Thursday night.
According to a Wauwatosa Police report:
She and a friend were leaving Leff's Lucky Town just before midnight when they noticed a maroon Dodge Intrepid trying to pull between two parked cars, even though there was not enough space.
The woman opened her car and was clearing off the passenger seat for a friend when she felt a hit to the side of her head. When she looked up, she saw a man pointing a gun in her face. He yelled for her to hand over her purse, but she started to scream.
He ran around to the passenger side, but her friend had already gotten in and locked the door.
He ended up running away empty-handed and getting into the vehicle, which was determined to have been stolen from Milwaukee between 9 and 11 p.m. that night.
The vehicle was recovered in Milwaukee outside a boarded up house Friday morning.
The suspect was described as a black man, about 23 years old, taller than 6 feet and 150 pounds, wearing a black cap, zipper jacket and dark pants.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Police concealing more information due to federal court ruling
- Summer sizzle brings plenty of entertainment to Wauwatosa
- City needs to fund senior center if it has hopes of a future
- Eschweiler preservation saga not over yet in Wauwatosa
- Roosevelt Elementary students place in dance competition
- Police Report: May 23
- Fire department offers lessons on car seat safety
- $100 million in sewer costs loom over Wauwatosa
- Safe Routes to School in Wauwatosa continues to spread word