A woman was hit on the head with a gun in the 7200 block of West State Street during an attempted armed robbery Thursday night.
According to a Wauwatosa Police report:
She and a friend were leaving Leff's Lucky Town just before midnight when they noticed a maroon Dodge Intrepid trying to pull between two parked cars, even though there was not enough space.
The woman opened her car and was clearing off the passenger seat for a friend when she felt a hit to the side of her head. When she looked up, she saw a man pointing a gun in her face. He yelled for her to hand over her purse, but she started to scream.
He ran around to the passenger side, but her friend had already gotten in and locked the door.
He ended up running away empty-handed and getting into the vehicle, which was determined to have been stolen from Milwaukee between 9 and 11 p.m. that night.
The vehicle was recovered in Milwaukee outside a boarded up house Friday morning.
The suspect was described as a black man, about 23 years old, taller than 6 feet and 150 pounds, wearing a black cap, zipper jacket and dark pants.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- The Malt Shoppe opens Friday in Wauwatosa
- Taste of the Town: Eddie Martini's remains a classic stop
- Wauwatosa businesses recognized for employing people with disabilities
- Neighbors continue combating Wauwatosa Woman's Club parking proposal
- Wauwatosa's Center Street, lined with schools, could see sidewalks, bike lanes
- Wauwatosa negotiating financial aid for Underwood apartments
- Weekly Planner: Oct. 23
- Tosa East Players perform play-within-a-play in 'Curtains'
- What to expect as Wauwautosa YMCA changes hands
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why don't public and parochial schools have the same schedules?