A 15-year-old Wauwatosa boy was arrested for possession and dealing marijuana at Wauwatosa East High School, 7500 Milwaukee Ave., at 1:15 p.m. March 30.
A student said the boy had been showing off bags of marijuana during class. When questioned by principals, the boy was found to have two bags of the drug and grape and strawberry flavored cigars, which he said are used as blunts to mask the marijuana smell.
By searching the text messages on his cell phone, officers were able to determine he had actually brought three bags of marijuana and three cigars to school.
He sold one of each to a 16-year-old female student during class. She was arrested for marijuana possession, and officers found prescription pain pills in her purse.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Children's theater presents free performance of "The Frog Prince" tomorrow night
- Future Wauwatosa high school graduates face new math requirements
- Wauwatosa's Night Out celebrates 20th anniversary Aug. 5
- Wauwatosa responds to concerns about radiation from water meters
- State Fair highlights Wauwatosa businesses, crafts
- Ask Now: Do police officers still give out baseball cards?
- Wauwatosa's Hawaiian specialty store crowdfunds commercial kitchen
- Wisconsin's only texting-while-driving simulator, demonstrated in Wauwatosa, sobers distracted drivers
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 31
- Biz Buzz: July 31