A 57-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for retail theft after he took $87 in rib eye steaks and beef tenderloins from Metcalf's Sentry Foods, 6700 W. State St., at 3:40 p.m. April 2.
He put rolls of toilet paper around the walls of the cart and put the meat facing down in the middle in attempt to conceal it. Then he went up and down the aisles, transferring the meat to his coat pockets and under his clothing as he went along.
A background check on the man showed he had 58 prior arrests, mostly for retail theft.
He was also arrested for bail jumping because he was out on bail for a Feb. 11 theft at Walgreens on State Street.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hundreds of Tosa residents experienced short power outage Aug. 27
- Wauwatosa Village valet service tentatively halted on Sundays
- Ask Now: Can parts of Milwaukee get annexed back into Wauwatosa?
- Wauwatosa School District filled a 'typical' 60 jobs this summer (1)
- Monarch advocates celebrate 10th year of releasing butterflies at County Grounds in Wauwatosa
- Disability advocates concerned about lack of housing in Wauwatosa
- Gay Ex-Wauwatosa police officer says she endured years of harassment, gets $77k settlement
- Wauwatosa's Diva Day brings shopping deals and business boosts
- Wauwatosa things to do: August 27
- Suspected pipe bomb draws neighborhood attention in Wauwatosa