A 57-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for retail theft after he took $87 in rib eye steaks and beef tenderloins from Metcalf's Sentry Foods, 6700 W. State St., at 3:40 p.m. April 2.
He put rolls of toilet paper around the walls of the cart and put the meat facing down in the middle in attempt to conceal it. Then he went up and down the aisles, transferring the meat to his coat pockets and under his clothing as he went along.
A background check on the man showed he had 58 prior arrests, mostly for retail theft.
He was also arrested for bail jumping because he was out on bail for a Feb. 11 theft at Walgreens on State Street.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Fattoni's on North Avenue shuts down
- Matt Stippich will bring leadership skills, passion to council post
- Wellness fair promotes healthy lifestyle among Wilson Elementary students
- In Our Schools: March 6
- Police Report: March 6
- Change aims for user-friendly government
- Ask NOW: When will North Avenue traffic signals be improved?
- Common Council reconsiders smartphone stipend
- Audit exposes weaknesses in school district's special ed program