A 57-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for retail theft after he took $87 in rib eye steaks and beef tenderloins from Metcalf's Sentry Foods, 6700 W. State St., at 3:40 p.m. April 2.
He put rolls of toilet paper around the walls of the cart and put the meat facing down in the middle in attempt to conceal it. Then he went up and down the aisles, transferring the meat to his coat pockets and under his clothing as he went along.
A background check on the man showed he had 58 prior arrests, mostly for retail theft.
He was also arrested for bail jumping because he was out on bail for a Feb. 11 theft at Walgreens on State Street.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa elementary schools 'rich' with world language study
- Carmelite Home for Boys in Wauwatosa makes lasting impressions on local boys' lives
- Wauwatosa City Administrator Archambo gives an update on city's strategic plan
- New UWM chancellor is high on Wauwatosa's Innovation Campus
- Mary Linsmeier School closes in Wauwatosa after 50 years
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Dec. 18
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Dec. 18
- Older adults mutually gain from tutoring Milwaukee Public School students
- Wauwatosa Public Library kicks off new writing program
- Wauwatosa's Kathy's House sees rising demand for hospital hospitality