A 57-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for retail theft after he took $87 in rib eye steaks and beef tenderloins from Metcalf's Sentry Foods, 6700 W. State St., at 3:40 p.m. April 2.
He put rolls of toilet paper around the walls of the cart and put the meat facing down in the middle in attempt to conceal it. Then he went up and down the aisles, transferring the meat to his coat pockets and under his clothing as he went along.
A background check on the man showed he had 58 prior arrests, mostly for retail theft.
He was also arrested for bail jumping because he was out on bail for a Feb. 11 theft at Walgreens on State Street.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Sept. 18
- Public Forum: E-cig rejection based on bias
- Thai-namite plans fall through in East Tosa
- Chili'n on the Ave. is Saturday
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Sept. 11
- Chinese students seek brighter futures in Wauwatosa
- Ask Now: How to stop medical center employees from smoking on nearby streets
- Developers want city help for Wauwatosa housing project on Underwood Ave.
- Wauwatosa's 10 Days in Tosa is in full swing
- Wauwatosa Plan Commission votes against e-cigarette store