Opening on Broadway in 1964, the musical "Fiddler on the Roof" finally made its way to the stage at Tosa East where the award-winning Tosa East Players brought the magic of the turn-of-the-century village of Anatevka, Russia, to life in its near capacity houses.
"Fiddler" tells the story of Tevye, a poor Jewish milkman, struggling to survive in turn-of-the-century czarist Russia. He attempts to maintain his family and religious traditions while outside influences encroach upon their lives. He must cope with both the strong willed actions of his three older daughters and with the edict of the of czar that evicts the Jews from their village.
From the talented cast numbering 53 to the great pit orchestra of 28 and the unsung crew of 25, the whole production moved effortlessly with each aspect of the production very powerfully and professionally done.
I wholeheartedly recommend seeing "Fiddler On The Roof" at Tosa East the closing weekend at 7:30 p.m. Friday, April 3, and Saturday, April 4. Good seats are still available for both the final performances by calling the box office at (414) 773-2004 for reservations.
Tickets will also be available at the door.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Longfellow hosting Wauwatosa's Memorial Day ceremony Monday
- Wauwatosa Police Report: May 10-16 (1)
- Choice school, dry cleaning issues held for more discussion in Wauwatosa
- Ask Now: Why are there so many traffic lights on Highway 100? (2)
- Wauwatosa to take extra step vetting St. Camillus proposal for tallest building in city
- Yellow Wood will bring high-quality outdoors gear to Whitefish Bay
- Medical College plans expansion with demolition of building on Mayfair Road
- Wauwatosa approves conceptual design for pocket park on North Avenue (8)
- Wauwatosa School Board approves raises for teachers, administrators and staff
- Tosa Tonight releases lineup for summer concert series