An 18-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for theft after he was caught eating a doughnut at the Pick n’ Save at 6950 W. State St.
According to Wauwatosa police:
The man was seen eating a doughnut, which he did not pay for, near the bakery area at 5:37 p.m. Sunday.
He was then observed in the checkout line making a small purchase and walking out of the store with a large bulge in the front pocket of his sweat shirt.
A man from loss prevention confronted the man, who was attempting to steal a bag of gummy fish.
The man was also arrested for obstruction after falsely identifying himself to officers.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In Brief: Eisenhower resale seeks sellers
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Is it Blue Mound or Bluemound? (1)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Feb. 4
- Wauwatosa News IQ: Feb. 4
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Feb. 8
- Video: Wauwatosa man makes 'miracle' recovery after dying for 8 minutes (3)
- Wauwatosa Public Forum: Council mistaken in not funding Center Street Park
- Wauwatosa officials could soon participate in meetings via computer
- Work at State Street Station in Wauwatosa has neighbors rattled (5)
- Wauwatosa students win dozens of awards from Alliance for Young Artists & Writers