The Hoyt Park pool building, 1800 Swan Blvd., was vandalized for the third time in three months.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
A Milwaukee County Parks worker was checking on the property about 4 p.m. Sunday, when he noticed several doors ajar. The doors on the building's east side had been pulled off their hinges and several windows were broken. There was also evidence that a small fire had been set using an aerosol can as fuel, but had since been extinguished. Damage was estimated at $500.
The parks employee said he last checked the building March 15.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: Oct. 8
- In Brief: Nordstrom fundraising; Village streetscaping
- Wauwatosa School Board outlines district development plan (1)
- Proposed Wauwatosa budget would result in lower taxes
- Aurora Health Care plans $35 million improvements at Wauwatosa campus
- In speech at Wauwatosa West, urban farmer Will Allen stresses need for sustainable food systems
- Public invited to Wauwatosa Village streetscape workshop
- Large crowd in Wauwatosa gymnasium discusses coyote attacks, seeks answers (4)
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Oct. 12
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Oct. 8