The Hoyt Park pool building, 1800 Swan Blvd., was vandalized for the third time in three months.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
A Milwaukee County Parks worker was checking on the property about 4 p.m. Sunday, when he noticed several doors ajar. The doors on the building's east side had been pulled off their hinges and several windows were broken. There was also evidence that a small fire had been set using an aerosol can as fuel, but had since been extinguished. Damage was estimated at $500.
The parks employee said he last checked the building March 15.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Longfellow hosting Wauwatosa's Memorial Day ceremony Monday
- Wauwatosa Police Report: May 10-16 (1)
- Choice school, dry cleaning issues held for more discussion in Wauwatosa
- Ask Now: Why are there so many traffic lights on Highway 100? (2)
- Wauwatosa to take extra step vetting St. Camillus proposal for tallest building in city
- Yellow Wood will bring high-quality outdoors gear to Whitefish Bay
- Medical College plans expansion with demolition of building on Mayfair Road
- Wauwatosa approves conceptual design for pocket park on North Avenue (9)
- Wauwatosa School Board approves raises for teachers, administrators and staff
- Tosa Tonight releases lineup for summer concert series