The Aldrich family is planning to celebrate their late son's life with a celebration April 25.
Jakob Alexander Aldrich, 7, lost his three-year-long fight with soft tissue cancer March 24. He died at home with his parents, Jennifer and Dustin at his side.
The community has taken an interest in the family and recently had a fundraiser to help cover some of the medical bills the family has incurred. Jennifer Aldrich announced on her blog today that a life celebration will be held at Schmidt & Bartelt Funeral Home, 10121 W. North Ave.
Visitation will be held from 1 to 5 p.m. , followed by a memorial service. People are asked to wear Jakob's favorite color blue or Brewers or baseball gear.
A community blood drive organized in Jakob's honor will be held from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, April 4, at Roosevelt Elementary School, 2535 N. 73rd St. Jakob attended school at Roosevelt.
Jennifer Aldrich said giving blood would be like giving a last present in her son's memory.
Editor's note: Jakob was the subject of a Wauwatosa NOW article March 5.
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Aug. 1
- Store owners, police weigh in on string of protests at Mayfair mall (22)
- Our newspaper website is changing