The Aldrich family is planning to celebrate their late son's life with a celebration April 25.
Jakob Alexander Aldrich, 7, lost his three-year-long fight with soft tissue cancer March 24. He died at home with his parents, Jennifer and Dustin at his side.
The community has taken an interest in the family and recently had a fundraiser to help cover some of the medical bills the family has incurred. Jennifer Aldrich announced on her blog today that a life celebration will be held at Schmidt & Bartelt Funeral Home, 10121 W. North Ave.
Visitation will be held from 1 to 5 p.m. , followed by a memorial service. People are asked to wear Jakob's favorite color blue or Brewers or baseball gear.
A community blood drive organized in Jakob's honor will be held from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, April 4, at Roosevelt Elementary School, 2535 N. 73rd St. Jakob attended school at Roosevelt.
Jennifer Aldrich said giving blood would be like giving a last present in her son's memory.
Editor's note: Jakob was the subject of a Wauwatosa NOW article March 5.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Leff's Lucky Town in Wauwatosa considers kitchen expansion (1)
- Walker plans to file for president today
- Driver ejected from car after hitting tree in Wauwatosa (3)
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: July 2
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is the status of the closed Tosa Gas at 84th and North?
- Monarch habitat on the mend in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Police Report: June 21-27 (1)
- Wauwatosa native reflects on time in Afghanistan, Sudan
- Residents who live and work in Wauwatosa will be set back during the bus strike
- Wauwatosa detective home from hospital after shooting