The Aldrich family is planning to celebrate their late son's life with a celebration April 25.
Jakob Alexander Aldrich, 7, lost his three-year-long fight with soft tissue cancer March 24. He died at home with his parents, Jennifer and Dustin at his side.
The community has taken an interest in the family and recently had a fundraiser to help cover some of the medical bills the family has incurred. Jennifer Aldrich announced on her blog today that a life celebration will be held at Schmidt & Bartelt Funeral Home, 10121 W. North Ave.
Visitation will be held from 1 to 5 p.m. , followed by a memorial service. People are asked to wear Jakob's favorite color blue or Brewers or baseball gear.
A community blood drive organized in Jakob's honor will be held from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, April 4, at Roosevelt Elementary School, 2535 N. 73rd St. Jakob attended school at Roosevelt.
Jennifer Aldrich said giving blood would be like giving a last present in her son's memory.
Editor's note: Jakob was the subject of a Wauwatosa NOW article March 5.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: What is being built at Hart Park?
- Bob Simi, new director at Milwaukee Regional Medical Center, sees opportunities for development
- How 205 immigrants became citizens at the State Fair Park last week
- Newly designed NICU at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin creates homelike environment
- Wauwatosa breaks out its holiday cheer
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Nov. 27
- Ethnic foods unite Eisenhower fifth-graders for pre-Thanksgiving feast
- Found in possession of stolen jewelry, Wauwatosa's Gold Emporium could lose license
- Ice skating to return to Center Street Park on Wauwatosa border after decades away
- U.S. Naval Academy midshipman educates young minds at Our Redeemer Lutheran School