The public will get the opportunity to give their opinions on the proposed sale of a portion of the County Grounds to the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, which plans to build an engineering campus and facilities for private business.
The Milwaukee County Board's Economic and Community Development Committee will hold a public hearing from 6 to 8 p.m. tomorrow night at the Zoofari Center, 10001 W. Blue Mound Road.
Representatives from UWM and county officials will describe what has transpired on this issue to this point and proposed development plans for the northeast quadrant of the grounds, which include the County Parks and historic Eschweiler buildings.
Meanwhile, groups like the Park People, Sierra Club and Milwaukee River Keepers will attend to advocate preserving as much green space, including the Monarch Trail, a butterfly migration habitat on the grounds.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Aug. 10
- J. Crew Mercantile to open store at The Mayfair Collection (1)
- Art gallery featuring work of at-risk youth opens in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Aug. 3
- Wednesday house fire causes $100,000 in damage to Tosa home
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: July 30
- In Brief: July 30
- Streetscape project moves to Tosa's Common Council (2)
- Wauwatosa woman believed to be oldest in state
- A Wauwatosa artist's unique work will be on display at the Firefly Art Fair