The public will get the opportunity to give their opinions on the proposed sale of a portion of the County Grounds to the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, which plans to build an engineering campus and facilities for private business.
The Milwaukee County Board's Economic and Community Development Committee will hold a public hearing from 6 to 8 p.m. tomorrow night at the Zoofari Center, 10001 W. Blue Mound Road.
Representatives from UWM and county officials will describe what has transpired on this issue to this point and proposed development plans for the northeast quadrant of the grounds, which include the County Parks and historic Eschweiler buildings.
Meanwhile, groups like the Park People, Sierra Club and Milwaukee River Keepers will attend to advocate preserving as much green space, including the Monarch Trail, a butterfly migration habitat on the grounds.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Aug. 23-29
- 10 Days in Tosa offers map to participating restaurants
- Large Wauwatosa oak tree cut down after storm damage
- Wauwatosa police will host OWI Task Force deployment
- Tosa author publishes children's book based on real life encounters with mouse
- Wauwatosa officers return to work after weeks of administrative leave following shooting death (2)
- Wauwatosa News IQ: Sept. 3
- Common council OKs addition of right turn lane at Burleigh Street onto Mayfair Road
- Tosa's Safe Routes to School unveils new safety features in high foot traffic areas (1)
- Ask Now: Is there going to be a park and ride lot on Watertown Plank Road?