The public will get the opportunity to give their opinions on the proposed sale of a portion of the County Grounds to the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, which plans to build an engineering campus and facilities for private business.
The Milwaukee County Board's Economic and Community Development Committee will hold a public hearing from 6 to 8 p.m. tomorrow night at the Zoofari Center, 10001 W. Blue Mound Road.
Representatives from UWM and county officials will describe what has transpired on this issue to this point and proposed development plans for the northeast quadrant of the grounds, which include the County Parks and historic Eschweiler buildings.
Meanwhile, groups like the Park People, Sierra Club and Milwaukee River Keepers will attend to advocate preserving as much green space, including the Monarch Trail, a butterfly migration habitat on the grounds.
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Will the stone walls of Schoonmacher Creek be repaired?
- Mount Mary University students gear up for CREO fashion show in Tosa
- Art majors find their footing at Mount Mary
- Mystery Photo Contest: May 5
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: May 9
- Wauwatosa Village streetscape work slotted to begin May 9 (1)
- Wauwatosa In Brief: May 5
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 24-30
- In Brief: City seeks volunteers for focus group; seminar can help with advanced care planning
- Wauwatosa students reducing plastic pollution headed to global competition