The public will get the opportunity to give their opinions on the proposed sale of a portion of the County Grounds to the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, which plans to build an engineering campus and facilities for private business.
The Milwaukee County Board's Economic and Community Development Committee will hold a public hearing from 6 to 8 p.m. tomorrow night at the Zoofari Center, 10001 W. Blue Mound Road.
Representatives from UWM and county officials will describe what has transpired on this issue to this point and proposed development plans for the northeast quadrant of the grounds, which include the County Parks and historic Eschweiler buildings.
Meanwhile, groups like the Park People, Sierra Club and Milwaukee River Keepers will attend to advocate preserving as much green space, including the Monarch Trail, a butterfly migration habitat on the grounds.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In Brief: Eisenhower resale seeks sellers
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Is it Blue Mound or Bluemound? (1)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Feb. 4
- Wauwatosa News IQ: Feb. 4
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Feb. 8
- Video: Wauwatosa man makes 'miracle' recovery after dying for 8 minutes (3)
- Wauwatosa Public Forum: Council mistaken in not funding Center Street Park
- Wauwatosa officials could soon participate in meetings via computer
- Work at State Street Station in Wauwatosa has neighbors rattled (5)
- Wauwatosa students win dozens of awards from Alliance for Young Artists & Writers