Usually a home break-in results in items taken, but on Wednesday a burglar left several items at the scene.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
The resident of a home in the 1300 block of North 63rd Court arrived home about 11 p.m. to find the rear door open and locked pried off. His wallet was found just outside the door. But although numerous drawers, rooms and closets were rummaged through nothing seemed to be missing.
Instead, a hammer was left on the table, a screwdriver was found in the yard and a shoe and car air fresheners were found in a couple of rooms.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Village valet service tentatively halted on Sundays
- Ask Now: Can parts of Milwaukee get annexed back into Wauwatosa?
- Wauwatosa School District filled a 'typical' 60 jobs this summer (1)
- Monarch advocates celebrate 10th year of releasing butterflies at County Grounds in Wauwatosa
- Disability advocates concerned about lack of housing in Wauwatosa
- Gay Ex-Wauwatosa police officer says she endured years of harassment, gets $77k settlement
- Wauwatosa's Diva Day brings shopping deals and business boosts
- Wauwatosa things to do: August 27
- Suspected pipe bomb draws neighborhood attention in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa School District mobile app now available for download