Usually a home break-in results in items taken, but on Wednesday a burglar left several items at the scene.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
The resident of a home in the 1300 block of North 63rd Court arrived home about 11 p.m. to find the rear door open and locked pried off. His wallet was found just outside the door. But although numerous drawers, rooms and closets were rummaged through nothing seemed to be missing.
Instead, a hammer was left on the table, a screwdriver was found in the yard and a shoe and car air fresheners were found in a couple of rooms.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Carhartt coming to Wauwatosa's Mayfair Collection
- Wauwatosa News IQ: March 5
- Chinese Lunar New Year celebration at Mayfair Sunday
- Police to warn against impaired driving on St. Patrick's Day
- Fundraiser covers funeral expenses for victim of Wauwatosa house fire
- News & Notes: March 5, 2015
- Wauwatosa Common Council approves rezoning for Wisconsin Lutheran College parking structure
- In Our Schools: March 5
- Local developer sees opportunity for rebuild of Wauwatosa library, city hall
- Big talk on drugs has macro and micro perspectives at Wauwatosa East