Usually a home break-in results in items taken, but on Wednesday a burglar left several items at the scene.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
The resident of a home in the 1300 block of North 63rd Court arrived home about 11 p.m. to find the rear door open and locked pried off. His wallet was found just outside the door. But although numerous drawers, rooms and closets were rummaged through nothing seemed to be missing.
Instead, a hammer was left on the table, a screwdriver was found in the yard and a shoe and car air fresheners were found in a couple of rooms.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 26-May 2
- Wauwatosa celebrating Bike to School Day Wednesday
- Tosa school board member loses vice presidency amid conflict of interest concerns (7)
- Battle begins against lake-killing stonewort in Little Muskego Lake
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: May 7
- Wauwatosa alderman proposes cutting four seats on Common Council (1)
- Wauwatosa's Lady in Red reopens as Nikki's Boutique after remodel
- 'Tarzan' takes flight at Wauwatosa East
- Tosa Recreation Dept. to hold textile recycling event
- Exactly 175 years ago, Wauwatosa became a town (3)