Usually a home break-in results in items taken, but on Wednesday a burglar left several items at the scene.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
The resident of a home in the 1300 block of North 63rd Court arrived home about 11 p.m. to find the rear door open and locked pried off. His wallet was found just outside the door. But although numerous drawers, rooms and closets were rummaged through nothing seemed to be missing.
Instead, a hammer was left on the table, a screwdriver was found in the yard and a shoe and car air fresheners were found in a couple of rooms.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Longfellow hosting Wauwatosa's Memorial Day ceremony Monday
- Wauwatosa Police Report: May 10-16
- Choice school, dry cleaning issues held for more discussion in Wauwatosa
- Ask Now: Why are there so many traffic lights on Highway 100? (2)
- Wauwatosa to take extra step vetting St. Camillus proposal for tallest building in city
- Yellow Wood will bring high-quality outdoors gear to Whitefish Bay
- Medical College plans expansion with demolition of building on Mayfair Road
- Wauwatosa approves conceptual design for pocket park on North Avenue (8)
- Wauwatosa School Board approves raises for teachers, administrators and staff
- Tosa Tonight releases lineup for summer concert series