Usually a home break-in results in items taken, but on Wednesday a burglar left several items at the scene.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
The resident of a home in the 1300 block of North 63rd Court arrived home about 11 p.m. to find the rear door open and locked pried off. His wallet was found just outside the door. But although numerous drawers, rooms and closets were rummaged through nothing seemed to be missing.
Instead, a hammer was left on the table, a screwdriver was found in the yard and a shoe and car air fresheners were found in a couple of rooms.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Four-story apartment building proposed for Hall Automotive site
- Little Read Book in Wauwatosa has author signing Sunday
- Wauwatosa police say train death was accidental
- Wauwatosa School District to tighten security with added cameras, changed school entrances
- Wauwatosa Senior Center plans November events
- Biz Buz:: New brew at Ray's
- Ask Now: When will 124th Street be reopened?
- Wauwatosa School Board approves 1.43 percent levy reduction
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Oct. 30
- Wauwatosa committee rejects Woman's Club parking proposal